• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think UV will have a larger impact on modern polymers than heat cycling at moderate temperatures, under 120. Just look at any 10 year old car in the Southwest.

It gets well above 135 in a shed or un attached garage on many days south of the mason dixon line. And. cars are made for enduring heat. Skis are made for enduring cold.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure this is an attractive rack, but certainly serviceable

:roflmao:

The long tool racks would be an upgrade for eleeski's rack rather than Phil's rack. Different applications.

My set up in VT from a few years ago. Can't see them once the skis are on them.

P1080210.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The long tool racks would be an upgrade for eleeski's rack rather than Phil's rack. Different applications.

My set up in VT from a few years ago. Can't see them once the skis are on them.

View attachment 29443
Good job. That is a viable option for hanging them. I just don't have the depth to do it that way where i have them.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
It gets well above 135 in a shed or un attached garage on many days south of the mason dixon line. And. cars are made for enduring heat. Skis are made for enduring cold.

OK, OK.....lets go with any plastic or rubber left outside in the Arizona Sun. It will quickly degrade but that should not be an issues in an attached garage.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Phil posted a link to hangemright.com which sells that part that goes into the toepiece.

Oh, man now we're talking! I THINK I can handle screwing these to a board and screwing the board to the wall studs (but that is pushing the envelope). And $15 a pop is probably less than I'd spend on lumber just trying to get 1 of them shaped right with the belt sander. :roflmao:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
does hanging by the tips mess with the rocker?

Haven't noticed any detrimental effects.
I would say most of shops I have been to hang their skis by the tips.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I'm wary of storing skis joined like that. I think I read somewhere that it's better to store them individually, standing up, and I've always meant to attach a rack to the wall so they can stand side by side without falling over.

I keep buying more skis, though, and running out of wall space (not to mention time).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm wary of storing skis joined like that. I think I read somewhere that it's better to store them individually, standing up, and I've always meant to attach a rack to the wall so they can stand side by side without falling over.
Thats the beauty of this rack...you can.

IMG_1273.JPG

I will use it this way when I am waxing the skis, a great way to stage them in the waxing process.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Great set up for waxing. Thinking about making a cart with the racks in a high density manner. Right now I just lean the waxed skis up against whatever to cure overnight. It gets pretty dicey with 8 to 10 pairs. OSHA would have a fit.

Quick thought on the shaping of the toe logs. Mount all the preformed lugs on a small plywood sheet. Tilt the table saw blade and gang cut them to get the bevel. Shape the lugs with a top bearing straight bit on a trimmer. 1/4" plywood template. Ease the edges with a belt sander and we are good to go.

NateR

Booting up
Skier
Dangit! I wish I'd seen this post before buying several Hang 'Em Rights a few weeks ago. That's an awesome idea. I'll keep that in mind for the future when I have more skis to hang up :)

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I finally got around to mounting my Hangemright ski hangers. They were stupid easy to install. I have one pair of skis out getting their pre-season spa treatment so not pictured. Oh, and I bought an extra hanger...

838728C7-AAC4-4B76-82FB-EB5C6B3E49B2.jpeg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had an idea to use a French Cleat
wood_french_cleats.jpg

As a trial, I made this...
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG

I would have the wall peice run the full length. then the ski part could be put anywhere as needed. A pole holder could be added..a bag holder. Hmmm. I could be on to something

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
"LuliTheYounger"
Any relation to Pliny the Elder?
Sorry, a little beer humor.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin