• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Racing Stoke: Superhuman double pump pre jump

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
Amazing athleticism!

Put the following video at 25% speed and start it at :43.

Edit addition: Does anybody know who this racer is in the video?

From what I understand, it helps to be able to move like a cat:

TW6oOmgpkYYzfuxnLaWXwPKlYha1z8jVdnSjhy5LH1L1LenwXEDth2165bSJeb3TswE3IUOPVxVDv-hfr7tnRZungfofTWVnt8NsVpjIyaNh2zInr09ZtDwLTQ_rBU89xhpkg4s5

Or at least be able to apply deodorant with your knee:

f6m7V8VHL1ucHwHIy-m5Hg2VGU1hJmIiMIUyDJs__tCH0J4BZnZ84f47zfUS4L42YMYDh1JhSd8RkTnloG7dblf0x98NNMlAlkUY5bI8a_ul_Rzeyj6O9daU6vRZjN73ULNhd_gG

"Meow"

_ri0usrdi3P6pgkmm0V8kqp5hbYNT0PDLqZ0d5P4Ln4m4j01lRHQNnb5xmPs4fLjka9u13lUBssrIr9chu27pAAt0btAk3_bph-cMslsCqgPTsOTDeMjJPWIiJ9CjTSGg62xM-AS

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Mmmm, Lauberhorn :drool: .
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This image amazes me.
How in the heck does a racer get jacked up like that and still make the turn?
[this is a rhetorical question]

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Heck, I wave my skis around like that on the easy stuff! ;-)

4ster

Instructor
This image amazes me.
How in the heck does a racer get jacked up like that and still make the turn?
[this is a rhetorical question]

He is Bode! The answer is in the thread title ;)

TS
Doby Man

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
Razie, you may very well be correct. I am not inclined to describe it in “human” terms. I’ve never seen someone absorb against nothing like that before. I once heard: “Good skiers thrive on classification. Great skiers defy classification.” This guy is a cat. Reminiscent of a wide receiver’s uncanny ability to get two feet in bounds when their inertia is going in the opposite direction. From what I understand, the approach to this jump, the Hundschopf, is that what we do not see in normal coverage is bone chilling. It is one of the more difficult jumps in the entire circuit. POV (much slower skier) of this jump is at 1:22 of to get a first hand view. It is a tight squeeze into an explosively altered reality also referred to as the “elevator shaft”.

From Lauberhorn.com:

The Hundschopf
“The actual symbol for the Lauberhorn Race. The tight, rocky passage appears like an impassable spot which cannot be negotiated: too narrow, too steep and the landing area too short and hard. On the Hundschopf there’s fine line between courage and respect, risk and tactics, jumping technique and choice of route. Within the shortest of spaces the most demanding elements for the skier come together. The corners above are more than usually tight and between the rocks on the left and the safety net on the right there are 5 meters at the most. The edge of the jump can only be estimated and the route is determined by the end of the net and the power of the skier’s imagination. Followed by the bottomless!”

I have studied this “cat” thing in athletes and have discovered a frequently related condition referred to as Gravitational Defiance Disorder. Skiers with gravitational defiance disorder (GDD) display extreme resistance to the authority of physics, experience frequent violent conflict with the theory of relativity and have outbursts of temper and spitefulness towards any normal states of space and time continuum.

Signs that you may have GDD:

1. The only time you fall is for the cute instructor in your clinic.
  2. The only tracks you leave are the very short ones that show the direction and exposure of your drop.
  3. Your skis always land at their own convenience and, in that respect, are never in a hurry.
  4. You tuck and keep your feet from touching the floor as long as you can whenever sitting on the toilet.
  5. You fight for headroom out the passenger window with your siberian husky. And you win … every time.

History’s Top Cats with GDD:

“Centrifugally disobedient”

7mzYx4rGDOTTH7M0NEz3BMENBNX23M4UlnBp34qCGmswysMfDPQ0ZW0ulmWDnkB3gLKv7waBS8wCPS5wWvt5casL5CCn7su92NDd-7ue4zEEkUmrsvi9ctU9SVp-iKh8HJmz_I0X

“Pathological refusal of inversion”

eXtjdpr0-CMlfWMFmro5M-cVQi5X-FAptBifE_WkE_FHMdQYNhd4bkHvw03fHIxGi-YHF6IpP6ODYFdoDwDRSJpNcpvUn0YT0w0CmUC3V8UcykASo391uDwTd0fnYPPkVQ6NGiFZ

“Oppositional defiance”

jt4C4sWnUG43bkahKPsLLA7LA7rrG8jT_JvbO_j9m10r7jkaEMa6Dd-Q_QWdgB0OdjYI3njLzW0cN21kQbcRcJ3kDYEfEGem-eJSZWVcvD2aUDc7MoDojpZVtP8m6XrXolgA6sQ1

“La la-la la-la ,,, just squeezing in my application for Dancing With the Stars while I do my other stuff.”

y8CvNZoygbVQiPCwlLp4yNCm1gZTIM8N6d_Kc2HXmHrjSR7Dsg65fctYkxa51cTOaNYxPpzH_YEQc-VPr_rshOoBgfmL6jjvDinDyl55AfLvaoRtEkjIZMC_yejW7HWVKqJBhJk_

“Defiant and … famished. The most dangerous competitive combination.

DzRdvprxL5g3vdTs7jB04qyWEDnPfxE5O9Z6VruhtoVELy5d1_Zt-vKydeqanpp-_GZJBMzBY9mvyC7s0hyK8NczT7bgYKZl5CxrgWXY1vR6oJ3emaZUrUpKyPe-vnA562oekKxU

TS
Doby Man

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
More DH Stoke!

The Humanity!!! Observe the look in Andrew Weibrecht’s eyes and face at the start as he appears to be ready to puke, crap, piss and pass out in the start shack right before his very first WC DH on Birds of Prey (no less) as he goes on to lay down one of the best “b*lls to the wall from the seat of your pants” postmodern Franz Klamer-ish runs I’ve ever seen. I do not think he could even hear Lavin yelling at the back of his helmet.

Could there possibly be an individual athlete’s WC DH montage that is better than this? Crazy eyes in the start house and absolutely destroying gate panels.

Speaking of Levin, here is some of the best start shack stoke you will ever hear:

Whoa Black Betty Bam-a-Lam a second faster than Cushe! One of the very best DH run song choices and best jumps ever.

4ster

Instructor
Nice Herman Maier video. Along with Bode, he definitely fits in the Superhuman category!
Who else? Klammer?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online