• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Nomi-hodai is pretty common, not just in Sapporo, though the prices you're seeing seem really low to me.
I'll have to take a look around when I'm up there this weekend.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
What’s the deal with many restaurants in Sapporo offering all-you-can-drink menu full of draft beer, sake, soju, and cocktail for a flat fee of USD8-10 per person?

I’m not complaining.

I take it you are in Sapporo right now experiencing these deals for yourself? I hope so. I hope too that you are getting some good turns in already, there's a lot of snow in Hokkaido already from the reports I am seeing. I just booked my flights and will be there late on the 3rd January. Can't wait!
Kind regards,
Matt

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Skied Rusutsu on Saturday, Teine on Sunday & Niseko on Monday. Great snow everywhere. Teine was a little crowded and skied out, but R was empty & N even with the top lifts shut was about as uncrowded as you could hope for -- felt like a weekday back in the 90s!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
It's been a phenomenal start in Hokkaido, and also in northern Honshu, but a bit slow in the Japanese Alps tho now seems to be promising there also.
The daily reports on {snowjapan.com are a good indication, as their reporters measure at the same spot each day, most near but not actually on the mountain.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
i will be skiing Furano Jan 6th to 9th if any your group will be up that way.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
great Matt.just arrived in NY and will be back in tokyo on 26th. look forward to meeting and skiing with you

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I have one day of in-resort skiing allocated to Myoko-kogen. Any recommendation as to which resort?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Arai reopens this season. i think worth a day..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Is this a first? Are there any other examples in modern history where resort skiers were injured by a volcanic eruption??? Maybe Hawaii???

Sponsor