• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Today is the final day to get the discount.
Don't delay! TAP is offering a special $250 Pugski discount until August 15, and there are no more than nine spots available at this time.
This adsense ad popped up on my forum page...coincidence?
Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 7.36.35 PM.png

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Wish I could tap into those JAL domestic fares :(

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
There will be many package deals available from late sept, tell me what you're interested in and i'll check out some deals for you.
For airlines, Skymark out of Haneda or Jetstar/Vanilla out of Narita. You can also use Sky Miles points to book ANA Haneda-Sapporo, and if you have silver or better on Delta you can use miles to book Skymark, i think.

Big Salad

Booting up
Skier
So I just booked my airfare the total ended up being 784$ with 49$ for trip insurance that is included in the total. Denver to DFW, DFW to HND, HND to Chitose on American and Japan Airlines. Leaves on the 11th gets in on the 12th, I have about 3 hours to transition in each airport. Leaves on the 24th arrives Denver on the 24th same transition times.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I just booked my Airfare the total ended up being 786$ with 49$ for trip insurance. Denver to DFW, DFW to HND, HND to Chitose on American and Japan Airlines. Leaves on the 11th gets in on the 12th, I have about 3 hours to transition in each airport. Leaves on the 24th arrives Denver on the 24th same transition times.
I really can't wait to read the TR's with you @SBrown and the crew!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Only a few spots left...If you are on the fence...time to decide, don't snooze or you might lose. Are you thinking about waiting till tomorrow? Well, somebody might have been doing that yesterday.

TS
S

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So it looks like the touring group is full (or close to it), but we still have the potential to add a non-touring group. At least two have expressed strong interest in going but not going uphill (except on a lift). If this sounds like your preference, don't delay. Please let me or @Mattadvproject know if you're interested or have any more questions!

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
So it looks like the touring group is full (or close to it), but we still have the potential to add a non-touring group. At least two have expressed strong interest in going but not going uphill (except on a lift). If this sounds like your preference, don't delay. Please let me or @Mattadvproject know if you're interested or have any more questions!

Yes, if we can get 2 more people minimum, that that could give us 4 people for a non-touring orientated group. You can ski a ton of great terrain and find really good snow, without doing any skinning or bootpacking at the resorts we go to, so this should still be a really great group and trip.

I also have a really good guide in mind for this group. Brennan Lagasse, from Tahoe, CA is a very experienced international guide who guides for Points North Heli in AK, Iceaxe Adventures in Antarctica and has guided for me before in Gulmarg in the Indian Himalayas. He is keen to lead this group and would be a great guide, you could learn a lot from spending a bit of time with him!

Here's a couple of video's that show some turns in Hokkaido with no hiking involved......

Kokusai

Furano, the first 1:05 minutes are all non-hiking, just a short traverse.

- Matt

TS
S

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Update: it looks like there are still two spots available, whether touring or non-touring.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just booked my flight to Sapporo this morning for $596, departing 11/22 from LAX for 3 months. It’s a totally unexpected opportunity to spend the winter in Hokkaido, I’ll certainly take full advantage of it.

Although I won’t be joining your full tour, I’ll be happy to provide any local report you need.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
R.Jenny, is that round trip? Pretty great deal!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's a terrific deal. Hope you got the 777 with the new seating.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What’s the deal with many restaurants in Sapporo offering all-you-can-drink menu full of draft beer, sake, soju, and cocktail for a flat fee of USD8-10 per person?

I’m not complaining.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid