• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Stevens announced they are opening Thursday 11/16.

So, for all those people who are jonesing for early season snow, consider a flight to Seattle. When areas here open, it’s not WRODs, it’s natural snow and a lot of terrain opens up pretty quickly.
I've been watching things at Stevens and I would bet that it's really thin coverage, though it's puking right now. Bring your rocks and stay on the main runs.

We're heading for Baker's opening day tomorrow. 50" at Heather Meadows, 65" on top and it's dumping hard.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Sun Peaks opens tomorrow, Nov.18 with 5 out of 6 chairlifts running and skiing on all 3 mountains. Probably the most lifts and runs on opening day in SP's history. Rock skis likely not needed.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Targhee 11-17.JPG
Put this in the the Targhee logistics there but shoulda put it here?
Opening day at Grand Targhee today. 13" of fresh as of morning report and still coming down. Didn't take the camera up-would just would have been just white streaks anyhow. Pic from down by the parking lot. Just above. Path to the Trap. Got at least 5-6" more between 8:30 and 2PM and hit some good squalls in Teton valley on the way home. Terrible skiing- nothing groomed! Too much powder. (oops wrong thread- belongs in that S'bird one).

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Appalachian is opening on Thanksgiving and Beech is scheduled for Fri the 25th, Wolf is Tentatively looking at the 5th but could be earlier

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
How's Eastern Canada looking in terms of closing dates? Tremblant says April 15th.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Utah closing dates https://opensnow.com/news/post/utah-ski-resort-2017-2018-projected-closing-dates

Alta: May 6, 2018

Beaver Mountain: April 1, 2018

Brian Head: April 15, 2018

Brighton: April 22, 2018

Deer Valley: April 8, 2018

Eagle Point: April 1, 2018

Park City Mountain: April 8, 2018

Powder Mountain: April 15, 2018

Ski Cherry Peak: March 31, 2018

Snowbasin: April 15, 2018

Snowbird: TBD (pictured above)

Solitude: April 15, 2018

Sundance: April 1, 2018

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Dates are set. Some are "flexible" I suppose.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.47.25 AM.png

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I can find anything for Eldora on the 22nd instead of the 15th.

WP is saying the 29th and not the 22nd. They’ve started keeping Jane open later, so not sure if that’s the entire mountain or just Jane or just some part of Jane.

And...we’re only three weeks before the entire Epic Pass is back at A-Basin.

Last edited:

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
WP is saying the 29th and not the 22nd. They’ve started keeping Jane open later, so not sure if that’s the entire mountain or just Jane or just some part of Jane.

I should probably go to the 9News website and verify but when Matt was onsite at Copper this week doing the piece about closing day he did mention WP/MJ. I thought it was the 22nd and MJ was tentative but I could be wrong. I know they have "Anticipated Closing Day: April 29, 2018" on the website

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I should probably go to the 9News website and verify but when Matt was onsite at Copper this week doing the piece about closing day he did mention WP/MJ. I thought it was the 22nd and MJ was tentative but I could be wrong. I know they have "Anticipated Closing Day: April 29, 2018" on the website

Yep - WP is posting a week later than their original date of the 22nd. Looks like a quiet extension of the season by a week, presumably based on WPs higher snow totals over the last couple of months.

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier
Bromley weather permitting is planning on closing 4/2-4/5 but will open for one final weekend April 6-8

Thanks. I've just updated my blogpost for Bromley....and a few others (Mont Cascades, Mt Ste-Marie, Middlebury, Sunday River and Smuggs. Now where to go skiing next?

Sponsor