• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Powder Skis for Steamboat

Tbone

Booting up
Skier
Heading to Steamboat in 2 weeks. Bringing My Enforcer 88's but want to rent a pair of wider skis to have if the powder hits hard. Recommendations on width or model? Thanks

T

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not what you wanted to hear probably, but I recommend you wait until you get there and see what the conditions are like. Then go to a really good shop and rent the demo skis that they recommend.

@Ron , who is the resident SkiTalk Steamboat guru, recommends Ski and Bike Kare: https://www.steamboatskiandbike.com Other Steamboat locals here may have alternative options.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A long time ago on a mountain far, far away... I was at Solitude one very snowy day and in the shop renting skis that morning my impatient snowboarder buddy said to me whilst I was contemplating their selections, "Just get the fattest ones they've got." I don't even remember what they were but it was a good call, there was a lot of snow and we had a blast. This was around 20 years ago so not nearly the variety, nor the width of today's selections. Hope you need 'em!

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
My only advice would be - if you would be looking for anything above 180 in length, do some research and find a place that has long‘ish, wide skis. lock them down the night before. just my $0.02.

Quazman

Booting up
Skier
Heading to Steamboat in 2 weeks. Bringing My Enforcer 88's but want to rent a pair of wider skis to have if the powder hits hard. Recommendations on width or model? Thanks

T
Love the optimism!!❄️❄️ They’ve been in a good storm pattern! Gonna be there for a week in late February so I hope it continues.

Sponsor

Staff online