• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
All of the above. Your skiing skill has nothing to do with it. If you are skiing all day, how likely is it that you will be comfortable all day long? Weather changes. So does your activity level.
I would agree that in any kind of membrane shell they are a must have feature, especially as they are so common these day that you should be able to find one that meets your other needs, including price, so why not?

I am on the fence about the mesh linings.
As mentioned above, they significantly reduce venting. On the other hand, if it's snowing, you will want you shell on to stay dry, and you'll want the front zipped up too. Yet, if it's fairly warm weather, and you are skiing hard (powder moguls?) you might start to overheat/get damp. At the same time, the chance of falling(poor visibility, irregular surface, hidden bumps under fresh snow) is higher, and falling in soft snow with open zips is not a good thing, as described above.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nothing worse than farting while wearing Gortex and having no zips.
Unless you've owned a pair of Buffalo Hides or the O'Neil version, you could actually watch the air move, no zips or air passing through those

On the pit zips, I have them in my jackets and pants and will not buy either again without

Sponsor

Staff online