• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New member introduction

ASPEKT

Booting up
Skier
Hello there fellow skiers
I am Nikolas(24M) ,unlike many members here i am located in Greece. A place few associate with skiing.
I have been skiing for the past 18 years with no breaks in between :ogcool:.
After i gave up racing i became a gear junkie(Help! I am running out of space) and that's how i found out this forum which after 3 months of reading i decided to join. The information you guys have is insane and i am looking forward to being a member of this community

Nikos

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After i gave up racing i became a gear junkie(Help! I am running out of space) and that's how i found out this forum which after 3 months of reading i decided to join. The information you guys have is insane and i am looking forward to being a member of this community
There is a very easy solution .. get more space.

TS
ASPEKT

ASPEKT

Booting up
Skier
Oh no! I'm afraid we may only make this worse! :D:roflmao:

Welcome! Where do you ski the most?
Haha in some cases yes. Aside from my local ski resort(20 min drive but it is pretty small but still good enough for training), i ski about 15-20 days in Dolomites, i also visit Bulgarian ski resorts from time to time. In total about 50-60 days skiing all combined.

There is a very easy solution .. get more space.
But i can get more equipment with that money instead of space :crash:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome to this happy band of misfits.
Don't worry Dr. Phil can always help with your gear issues, but you have to pay the shipping :cool:.
So what is a 'Small' ski area in Greece? Can vaguely remember seeing pictures of Greek ski areas and the conditions looked pretty good (pictures are good, we like pictures). Is the Med or Aegean visible from the slopes? That could be spectacular. How long is your season there?

TS
ASPEKT

ASPEKT

Booting up
Skier
Welcome to this happy band of misfits.
Don't worry Dr. Phil can always help with your gear issues, but you have to pay the shipping :cool:.
So what is a 'Small' ski area in Greece? Can vaguely remember seeing pictures of Greek ski areas and the conditions looked pretty good (pictures are good, we like pictures). Is the Med or Aegean visible from the slopes? That could be spectacular. How long is your season there?
So that's my local ski resort:
The good thing is the season in this mountain is good(December-April) because of it 2050m(6725 feet) base. Unfortunately even if there is snow after mid april the ski resort halts operations.
slopes-ski-map.jpg

There are mountains with an aegean view where you can ski down and have some awesome sea food but not with this one. Here we have a wonderfull lake view:

justplanesteve

Getting off the lift
Skier
Gonna have to run this one past my wife!
Last year, i considered a program with a British group that offered 10 days training on slope in Greece, culminating in BSAI L1 certificate for IIRC around $1500 USD all inclusive, pvt room and meals. My never ever/never will wife was intrigued enough to consider it, given the location and off the beaten track she likes so much. (She would never go "out west" with me, for instance. ) We ended up in Georgia & Armenia instead. I tried to rent skis/make arrangements in town when we arrived April 10. Like you describe in Greece, even with excellent snow, they just flat stop by the first week of April. :(

TS
ASPEKT

ASPEKT

Booting up
Skier
Gonna have to run this one past my wife!
Last year, i considered a program with a British group that offered 10 days training on slope in Greece, culminating in BSAI L1 certificate for IIRC around $1500 USD all inclusive, pvt room and meals. My never ever/never will wife was intrigued enough to consider it, given the location and off the beaten track she likes so much. (She would never go "out west" with me, for instance. ) We ended up in Georgia & Armenia instead. I tried to rent skis/make arrangements in town when we arrived April 10. Like you describe in Greece, even with excellent snow, they just flat stop by the first week of April. :(
Georgia is becoming more and more popular lately, I had booked a heli ski trip last year but couldn't make it due to bad weather conditions and couldn't reschedule. (Hopefully next year :snowball:)
Mind you most resorts here are small, good for training technique but not for cruising around(there are some exceptions though but they still hold no candle to a small Austrian resort).

If you happen to visit i would highly reccommend exploring local food options and not choose the all included package since most resorts happen to have exceptional local food of all kinds with resonable prices.(Cheap compared to those in the US).

Btw ski pass here is 15-20 dollars in most resorts and 40 is the most expensive one

Sponsor