• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering, March 23rd to 26th

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The poll is closed; the earlier weekend won out by a 10-6 margin. The Gathering will be held at Sugarbush and Stowe.
  • Friday : Sugarbush South
  • Saturday: Sugarbush North
  • Sunday: Stowe
  • Monday: Stowe

However, I am open to moving the Friday or Monday day to MRG based on interest and snow conditions, etc.

Meetup times, locations, etc. are posted here: https://forum.pugski.com/threads/new-england-gathering-meetup-details.9129/

Discuss anything related below.-- lodging, snow dance routines, etc.

Mark your calendars and I hope you can make it!

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Got an email ad from Stowe for "black friday" sales.
Can get 2 lift tickets and 3 nights motel (Sat, Sun, Mon - I've given up driving home the same day as skiing) for $317.
I bet I can get a cheaper room through booking.com, but less of a lift ticket discount.

Tempting....

Of course, staying in between (Waterbury?) with a 1/2 hour drive each way and not moving might be nicer

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
I was thinking the cheapest lodging option is probably to find an AirBnB or something along those lines in the Waterbury area. It's an easy flat drive from Beerbury -- sorry, Waterbury -- to both Sugarbush and Stowe. We would need to get hard "in"'s from a group.

I can look into what's available in the area in the next couple days. I'm theoretically working today and tomorrow involves eating :D, but sometime in the next couple days I hope to be able to report back. Our Gathering is late enough in the season that I'm hoping that there will be plentiful options.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Count me in.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
For Sugarbush lift tickets --- if you have Mountain Collective or a half-off-qualifying pass, that is the way to go.
But if you don't have MC, today is the last day to buy quad packs.
"4 Transferable Lift Tickets with no blackouts for just $229. 53% off the window rate."

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Bumping this thread... Northern Vermont snowpack is deep right now. Stowe and Sugarbush should be in awesome shape come late March.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thinking about it, but its a long drive for an old guy.

James

Out There
Instructor
White Horse Inn is a decent place to stay. Breakfasts were mighty fine. Stayed there a couple yrs ago. 2 guys had just bought it. Rooms are motelish but might have changed. Good location, nice afternoon snacks, nice common area with fireplace.

Hyde Away Inn we stayed at last year. On the road up to Mad River, before cutoff to Sugarbush/ Mt Ellen (Aka Sugarbush North) The cheap rooms over the bar share a bath. You can almost talk to the people in the bar... So if you choose that option, which two can share, though tiny, bring a white noise generator. You also get a very good breakfst- cooked for you with a choice.
There's other rooms too that are more conventional. If you must wax skis and it's not too cold for you outside... There's a plug out by the fountain.

The former Hostel has just turned into a bar afaik.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
White Horse Inn i
I stayed there last year. I'd go back.
You can buy beer in the fireplace room. No bar, the owner goes in the back and brings one out. They had Heady Topper.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, @KevinF or @mdf or any other Bostoners, if any one is passing by Manchester Airport on Thursday PM (any time after 1 PM) and heading by Monday PM (lly out early Tues) and wouldn't mind dropping me off, tanks. Or sharing a room. Lemme know. Some SWA use or lose.

Sponsor

Staff online