• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Mount St Louis Moonstone in Ontario opening

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
827AF262-1662-4F0B-908E-FD0024D270F1.png
Received an email early today about Mount St Louis Moonstone opening up for the season this Friday December 3rd.
Apparently they have used 21 million gallons for snowmaking the last 72 hours!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The other place. ogsmile

Have only blown a bit of snow on the Moonstone side you’re pointing at and are mostly building up the main Mount St Louis hill on the left.

It’s looked like a never ending storm there with all the guns blazing the last few days. Usually have both hills going a week or so after opening the St Louis side.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Usually it's Snow Valley as the first up. Isn't it?
Usually seems to be either Horseshoe or Mount St Louise opening up first in Ontario most years but MSLM always has way more snow and open terrain when they do. MSLM seems to get much more natural snow then Barrie just 20 mins away.

Still blowing snow like crazy at MSLM today on both hills so they might trying to open both sides this weekend.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Horseshoe Valley opening 2 lifts and 5 runs this Wednesday for bragging rights it looks like.
Chances of wet snow/rain that day and Thursday so hopefully the forecasts change.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I think Wednesday will melt all this snow here in the city. Up there..meh..it'll be sloppy. I can wait.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Usually it's Snow Valley as the first up. Isn't it?

I'm heading east tomorrow. Might ski with some Ski Talkers on Tuesday!!
Are you going to Tremblant for the CSIA event? I'm heading there on the 15th

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Even with the rain/freezing rain the day before opening, Moonstone had pretty good conditions and the crowds weren’t bad considering it’s not fully open. I did far more runs than last year as you weren’t spending time in lines waiting for separated groups on the chairlifts.
A45F8F2B-9E7B-4090-B2E6-16B6ECF5D271.jpeg

hozman

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I will never ski here again. the run is literally 1 minute. They require a vaccine to use the lift which is wrong. blue is way better.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The amazing conditions at Blue Mountain on their minute and 30 secs runs right now……

8A2C5039-DBAD-4997-ACE5-651435D6D650.png

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I will never ski here again. the run is literally 1 minute. They require a vaccine to use the lift which is wrong. blue is way better.
That's kinda like saying stepping in horse shit is better than stepping in dog shit.. :roflmao:and you have to drive an extra hour to the horse shit...

Sponsor