• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
There have been too many to mention in the history of skiing. But for me personally it's DALEBOOT. For anyone with hard to fit feet DaleBoot is a game changer! I have never been able to keep boots on and buckled all day until I bought a pair. The best boot fitter I've ever found I still had to unbuckle on every chairlift and I've been fitted at a number of shops in MI, CO & WY.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Look/ Nevada binding, The basic concept still holds true today, Rosignal ST 650 i bought them in 1973? and they where light years ahead of the Hart jarvlin XXL I had. they where so much fun !!!!

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
I have skied on the 17's but not the ones you talk about and I still have a pair of 27's, they are a great ski. I did own a pair of 710's but that was not one of my favorite skis and got rid of them very fast. Guess I could not find my spot on them. With my Dynamics I ski them over the center and they are great and my Kastles I ski forward and they are great just could not find the spot on the 710's to get the most out of them. The Volant skis that I owned skied well over the center not problem with those and a friend of mine still has them and loves the ski. So it looks like I have owned and skied on the Arpin and Kashiwa skis they are innovative and deserve a place on this list.
I like how much love Bucky gets on this forum. I don't know if he's aware that people remember him this fondly or not. I know him and I would love to someday pick his brain about all this ski history.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Speaking of which, how about Alden Hanson for innovation for the rear-entry boot? Does it count as revolutionizing the industry if the industry says "wait this is dumb" and revolutionizes itself back ten years later?:doh:

When will it come back again.

rear entries is about the first thing I thought of when seeing this thread. I think they were great and still do.

I also though of K2 of course bringing modern tech (at the time of the 70's/80's) as for fiberglass wrapped wood cores to production and perhaps revolutionized the ski industry.

How about the "Gore" father/son inventors (or at least credited with inventing) Gore-Tex material (but thats quite the controversial story) but regardless which of course revolutionized what we wore and anyone who skied just had to have a Gore-Tex jacket. And also for that matter any winter jacket even non ski related.

Sponsor

Staff online