• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That would be fun to attend.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I'm really glad she took my advice and got herself a hot boyfriend. I just out performed all the rest of the coaches and her Mom, book my flight to Korea.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
This just popped up on my Facebook feed. I think most of us have seen some of the video but maybe not. Wasn't sure if I wanted to put this here or in the instruction forum. Feel free to move it..

f

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
His follow cams are great.
I believe they had a good clip of Tessa Worley doing some GS as well.

So fun to watch!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The free skiing bit at 1:40 in this one is worth watching:

The funny thing is there probably isn't a more gifted technical skier in the world, yet I'm sure in the tech ski comp world, she'd be 'all wrong'. ogsmile

Last edited:

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
The person who shot and posted most of those videos is in Auckland getting his masters. I’ll see what the plan is for this season.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
See @Muleski she took my advice and got a fun boyfriend. Obviously she reads this forum and values my wisdom.

No doubt! I'm sure that she'll credit you for all good things in due time!

Now tell her to lose the goggles when being interviewed on camera. The more media savvy LV would not make that mistake. Surprised there wasn't an Oakley tech there with dozens of pairs of sunglasses to choose from!

I agree, cute interview.

I also loved the new US Skiing logo patch following off the jacket sleeve. Should have stuck {no pun intended} with the old logo. Haha!

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Should have stuck {no pun intended} with the old logo. Haha!

The only reason organizations/companies change their logos is to appease the ego of the new CEO who needs tangible proof of their impact. (I've never seen a marketing impact from them, unless it was really horrible most people prefer not to change and there is a lot of logic in keeping the logo and identity consistent and make improvements to the product or service.)(NASA is the best example, their early logo was wonderful but didn't reproduce well in some crude reproduction methods like embroidery and copy machines.... but now we don't have those issues and even my wife's embroidery machine rivals some inkjet printers!)

Ha yeah the goggles but she was probably blinded from the silver reflector they're shining into her face. It's kind of interesting to see the crew in the reflections.

Didn't the USST have some crazy social media PR marketing person running around with the team making sure they presented well? She was a colorful character herself but they could probably find an intern or volunteer to do much of the same duties.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Thanks for posting.

She refers to her "mental coach", who is somebody that has known her for a long, long time. Evidently helping her a lot.
I think that most who follow this closely knew that she was really worked up last season.

I'm encouraged to hear her mother's words. It sounds like with MS now being 22, the relationship may be such that Eileen is a bigger part of the solution, and a more help than she has been in the past.Not an aggravation or part of a problem. Interesting to read her described as one of her coaches. That has been a real tension convention for years, and I give Mike and Jeff, her coaches, huge kudos for pulling this whole team together.

Note that LV said on Fallon the other night that she might race five events. Five. Granted, it was on NBC, and no doubt she was told to hype that. One this subject, I guess we'll see. No reason why MS could not race all four. She might be coming on in SG, and the challenge will always be keeping her healthy. No so much injuries, but wearing down. Viruses, colds, etc.

I guess you balance going for two legitimate gold chances in SL and GS with the additional work and time to ski SG, and in the combined. Of course if she enters the combined, they might as well all just race for second!

Interesting article. Good stuff. Pretty unvarnished.

Surprised it didn't mention her boyfriend. Many think that relationship has been great for MS. Math Faivre, the French tech skier.

Last edited:

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I don’t care how much she wins. What I admire is that her and her family seem to be doing things right, managing her career smartly, and being a positive role model for an entire generation of skiers. We need some authentic heroes, kids especially, who aren't corrupt media creations.

Sponsor

Staff online