• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you tried the carpet? I haven't but I'm curious.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Have you tried the carpet? I haven't but I'm curious.

You're going to have trouble squeezing in on the weekends - I strongly suggest a weekday slot for several reasons.

Oh, and you'll want a stiff nylon brush for your boots afterwards - the carpet fluff tends to stick to them like crazy, esp. if you have mouldable shells.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Whitetail is showing this
24852116_10155861431558419_4891400618556205307_n.jpg

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The top of Laurel Mountain 8 am 12/8/17. It begins in earnest. Seven Springs and Snowshoe have been open since Thanksgiving with limited terrain. Most Mid-A resorts are cranking out the snow anticipating the first sustained arctic air mass.

laurelmtncam.jpg

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
blue mtn will be open again this weekend, as will big boulder and camelback. montage and jf are blowing snow. who cares about elk, lol.....

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They're already skiing in Colorado, Oregon, and Nevada ... any guesses on the start to Mid-A season?

Every year I hope for Thanksgiving weekend, but that's really rare... More realistically, it would be nice to have it get cold enough by mid-December for the snowmaking to get things open.

Quoting myself from the first post of this thread, because I just might get my wish... Whitetail guns are a-blazin'!!

jib.jpg

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
Blue and montage are blowing top to bottom! Looks like blue is trying to open the six pack next weekend. Montage seems to be getting good production. It's nice that ma' nature is helping everyone out!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We'll be at Appalachian tomorrow around 10am. Will check the thread tonight to see if anyone else will be skiing this far south..

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm hoping places open by Friday! May go to Massanutten to meet up with some folks .... Whitetail posted a video too... it's just snow guns running, but for some reason I enjoyed it.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Trying to get my first day in this Saturday, even if it's just a morning... Thinking JF since I have a lead on discounted tickets.
I took Monday 12/18 off from work as well. Want to go wherever the most terrain is open. Crossing fingers for Elk...

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
So we opened up Wolf Ridge on Saturday. Had the guns going all day because as all of Skiers in the SE know...you make snow while you can especially early in the season....The saving grace was that with the 14inches of new snow we were able to ski over on the bowl and off of timberwolf. It was great till you got down to broadway where the guns were going and then it got wet and cold and semi-miserable. Lucky for us we didn't have many medical calls, just a few tweaked knees and wrists. Next week ought to be great when the grooming catches up with all the snowmaking.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Massanutten, Whitetail, and Liberty open Friday. And Roundtop opens Thursday! (I'm sure a lot of other places open this week too... but those are the closest ones to me.)

I'll be at Massanutten on Friday... anyone else going to be there? Or getting out this weekend? If you are, I only have one thing to add :

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yeah:

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Roundtop has announced they will open Thursday 12/14.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
For us NC skiers it looks like a great weekend just about everywhere, Sapphire is scheduled to open this weekend and everyone else has done an amazing job with snowmaking while we've had this great cold weather blast.
For my mountain Wolf Ridge as of today most of the mountain is open as of today other than the far left side and there is a good chance everything will be open including the Bowl this weekend. I'll be there working a double on Saturday so stop by the Patrol room and say Hi. ( I'm Paul)