• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marker Wideride XL Forward Pressure

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got some Volkl RTMs with Wideride XL bindings and can't seem to get the forward pressure right. I have a pretty small boot sole at 275mm and regardless of which notch I'm on the forward pressure indication stays the same (too loose). Tried to adjust to my husband's boots (at 315mm), and the forward pressure was dead on.

Any shop techs run into this? Any advice to get it correct?

Photos:

IMG_6377.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just got some Volkl RTMs with Wideride XL bindings and can't seem to get the forward pressure right. I have a pretty small boot sole at 275mm and regardless of which notch I'm on the forward pressure indication stays the same (too loose). Tried to adjust to my husband's boots (at 315mm), and the forward pressure was dead on.

Any shop techs run into this? Any advice to get it correct?

Photos:

View attachment 31130

View attachment 31131
View attachment 31132
You want that scribed area about half way exposed.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You want that scribed area about half way exposed.

Problem is getting it there...

There doesn't seem to be a forward pressure adjustment screw like on most bindings, or am I missing something? And if I shorten the binding more, my boot won't fit...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Problem is getting it there...

There doesn't seem to be a forward pressure adjustment screw like on most bindings, or am I missing something? And if I shorten the binding more, my boot won't fit...
Should be a half turn in the center screw. It will be a SNUG fit. Welcome to the world of Marker Royal derived bindings.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll have to give them another shot with smaller increments, see how small I can go with being able to get my boot in.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well....was up at the condo last night, and tried again with as small of increments as I could get, which are limited based on where the gears sit (can't close the cover if it's not lined up properly). Still unable to get the forward pressure correct. Kept notching it smaller until when I pushed my boot down it's wouldn't click in. I then backed it off a notch, and that's where it currently sits.

Figured I'd bump this thread up, and see if anyone else has any ideas on how to get it correct, or any shop techs that have run into this with a small BSL.

I spoke with one person who used to work in a ski shop, and he didn't really have any major concerns about running it as tight as I can get it...which I'm a bit skeptical of the lack of concern. Thoughts on the practical dangers of running it as it sits? I completely understand it's not recommended, so feel free to put any disclaimers in your answer to this question.

Side note: last year during a Volkl demo I had some trouble with their demo bindings, which I recall one of their techs mentioning he's seen problems with Marker bindings and Nordica boots in the past (I have Nordica boots)...so also curious if this could play into it (not really sure why it was Nordica specifically that gave that tech trouble)?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What soles are on your boots? If they are a grippy Vibram type sole, they could be catching some on the heel treadle. Oh, and it is NOT a Nordica problem.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not Vibram....but definitely not a "slick" sole. According to Nordica's website they're: Extra-grip soles: High Traction Dual Density PU.

Good to know it's not a Nordica thing, that certain tech must have had a couple that caused him trouble and thought that could potentially be across the board.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not Vibram....but definitely not a "slick" sole. According to Nordica's website they're: Extra-grip soles: High Traction Dual Density PU.

Good to know it's not a Nordica thing, that certain tech must have had a couple that caused him trouble and thought that could potentially be across the board.
It is not a Nordica "thing", but more so soles that have some texture are more difficult.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It is not a Nordica "thing", but more so soles that have some texture are more difficult.
'

This got me thinking...What if I switched the soles to GripWalk (Nordica sells GripWalk soles separately for my boots)? Even though they'd still be grippy, they'd have a slightly different shape? Worth a shot? Or am I just reaching way to far for answers?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
'

This got me thinking...What if I switched the soles to GripWalk (Nordica sells GripWalk soles separately for my boots)? Even though they'd still be grippy, they'd have a slightly different shape? Worth a shot? Or am I just reaching way to far for answers?
They will be worse. The problem is not with the toe but the heel.

Sponsor

Staff online