• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
newfydog

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Toyota just can't get this right on the Siena. Ours is a 2012 with 60,000. Recently, the dealer and I went to the mat with Toyota over the thrice-warped front brakes. They finally have a fix, but it was like pulling teeth for them to agree to pay for it, even though our first warping issue was at 20k miles.

Our brakes were re-done three times by a good mechanic, who simply could not believe they kept going out. He got all the parts warranteed, but we still were paying labor. I finally let the Les Schwab tire people people have a crack at it. They said they could turn the rotors, but it would only last 5-10,000 miles, or replace them with some rotors and pads which would work. Parts and labor were less than just the labor at our mechanic's shop, and they seemed cured. Until recently, when the pulsing is creeping back. Not cured, just lasting longer. Toyota has a problem they need to admit to.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Sienna brake solution was not simple:

1. Modification to the air dam to allow more air flow.

2. Replacement of the forward mud guard thingies to allow more air flow.

3. Some kind of revised part that allows the front calipers to float better, and drag less, I guess. My local coast down test shows a higher top speed, and a recent 2500 mile road trip yielded 1 full mpg better than I've ever seen before. WTF?! Have these things been draggin a bit forever?!

Anyway, they are great now.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I hope my dogs never see that video!