• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Life after Strolz?

TS
jjsoundoc

jjsoundoc

Booting up
Skier
Strolz USA is based in Hampton, NH. George Donovan is the President. http://www.strolzboots.com/
I purchased my boots from a ski shop that sells Strolz. They did a great job, and it was eye-opening at the time to have boots that fit as well as they did.
That said, I did want to see what else was out there. To get the process started, I went into another shop a couple of weeks ago and felt like Rip Van WInkle. As others in the forum have rightfully been saying, a lot has changed in the last 15 yrs. The fitter (ABB), measured my feet, size and volume, and immediately went for Atomic Hawx Prime 120's. I was blown-away. I'd need the toe box stretched and the heel tightened. (not sure if the heel area can be padded). A close fit out of the box. Plenty of room for calves and instep.
Looking forward to continuing the hunt. Shops will be expanding their hours in the coming weeks, so will be easier to schedule an appointment.
Thanks all for the advice and tips!
JJ

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I live in W.Concord, tips on a fitter would be appreciated.
I can also recommend, as others have, Bill from GMOL.

I've also heard there's a very good guy at Sport Thoma in Lincoln/Woodstock NH. I can't remember his name but if you call they'll direct you to him.

Sponsor

Staff online