• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another take on Dual Core from a Lange Rep: Dualcore: 5 points of high pressure mono-injection with two dif durometers of polyether/polyurethane. Stiffer down the spine and along sole for energy transmission and softer over instep and front of cuff for ease of entry/exit and better leg wrap.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
softer over instep and front of cuff for ease of entry/exit and better leg wrap.

I think this is why the boot "feels" like the instep is lower when its really not. It just maintains better contact when you tighten up the buckles. This is apparent on the "blue" sections in the video. the cuff wraps very well and I was pleased with the stock strap. I'll see how this holds up over time.

I had my boots in my Hot bag and they were on the high setting. they flaps opened very easily.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
By and large, that sensation is from the liner. IMH sensation of course.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
By and large, that sensation is from the liner. IMH sensation of course.

I don't think so as this is the same liner I had in the Xt. the RX just feels lower volume everywhere with the exception of the new toe box which is much larger and much more comfortable.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
So, is the "from the second buckle (over instep) back" tighter and more anatomical than previous LV Lange shell? I had the first RS LV (solid lug version) - loved how it skied - but was swimming in that 97 - been in Tecnica/Nordica shells that require some work and never are "just right". Liner mod::

IMG_0513.JPG

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
"BACK" meaning towards the heel or towards the toe? I do believe the new RX LV version is more anatomical and lower volume. the standard RX is not as low volume.

James

Out There
Instructor
@James Here's a good video on Dual Core
That's actually pretty informative for a ski industry video. Now they just need to learn how to not block what they're showing with the title block.

So, "Dual Core" is bi-injection. Which has been around for years. It makes the boot easier to get off? What else?

I do think they've hit on something with the term especially since, following ski industry tradition, technically it makes no sense. There is no core. But it does sound core.

Not aure "more anatomical" means much. Whose anatomy. I have a low instep and skinny lower legs ao prefer boots that follow that. Others do not. What's more anatomical for me is less for them.

Have they solved the rearward movement issues with the XT? That would be more important. I take it no since you went with the RX.

Last edited:
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@James the video says the softer plastic makes it form better around the foot/calf and helps to absorb vibration and the stiffer material is better at energy transition and providing support (stiffness) in key areas. As far as more anatomical; I think your foot shape in general is pretty similar to mine (unless you have 6 toes or were horribly maimed in a tractor accident) so getting the overall shape to more closely align to the target skier's foot shape is a good thing. It's a low volume boot so statistically speaking, you can create a boot that is more similar to the profile of a lot low volume feet.

XT walk mode has improved greatly since the original version but I think the RX is the better option for me.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure "more anatomical" means much. Whose anatomy. I have a low instep and skinny lower legs ao prefer boots that follow that. Others do not. What's more anatomical for me is less for them.
My understanding of more anatomical, was that they at least attempted to mimic the shape of a human lower limb whereas previously the model was very boxy (or had used a cardboard box to create the mold:() or at least that's what my RX 110 LV W's felt like.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I have 3 days on the Rx's and still have Zero complaints. This boot is awesome.I am finding that I was using my feet to support the boot whereas now, I can relax the feet and trust the boot to support me. This has resulted in less fatigue and more control. The boots are very comfortable and I am enjoying the feedback and feel.

I did have to get new BootDoc Liners and footbeds. During Rehab following hip surgery my PT also discovered that I had some mis-aligned ankle bones (from the ACL/Shoulder crash ~5 years ago) and did work to get the ankle bones to allow proper movement. As a result, I needed to redo my footbeds changing the fit of the liners.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
7 days update. Totally thrilled with the RX’s. The feel of the boot as well as th added precision is awesome. The boot stiffens up substantially in the colder ( about 10-15*) temps

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
7 days update. Totally thrilled with the RX’s. The feel of the boot as well as th added precision is awesome. The boot stiffens up substantially in the colder ( about 10-15*) temps

Here is a layman comment. I know nothing about gear, but I've been on these for, now, something like 15 ski days. Loving them. Kudos to @Tricia for pointing out that I was probably due to a boot upgrade, this year. My skis were clearly ahead of my boots.

I moved a size down, from regular to LV, and up in flex. The previous also had shot liners. Completely packed. So I was cranking up the buckles all the way. On the RX, the fitter made a big point about me not over tightening. But first day out of being used to, I did. Almost lost a toe nail, which is now ok. But also I couldn't flex at all. Next time I followed the instructions. What a diff.

I feel like I got SO much more control now, with the new set up. I know the liners will pack out, in 50 days or so, so I'll be prepared to get new liners at the time. SUPER happy. Getting is, no biggie if they are car-temp-warm. And getting out is ok. Skiing is fantastic. And the fit out of the box much better for my feet than the Technicas I compared to. I did get punches in 3 places (toe boxes and one heel area.

The simple suggestion from the fitter was: Get the RS if you will do amateur racing or fully onpiste, RX if you do offpiste. Nice and simple. There were reasons I forget, but they also coincide with an expert friend's opinions, so it was an easy decision.

I think I'll keep this shell for long. What parts should I buy before the model gets old? I think people get spare parts? Like, the toe piece of the sole? Or the heel? Just the outsole? I don't know, but I'm all ear!

amarchand

Booting up
Skier
Apologies for re-stoking an old thread - just a quick question for anybody who might have insight. I ski in an RX140 LV with a lot of punches for width up front. Wondering if anyone knows if the dual core XT130 boot in 100mm last is wider than the LV in the heel or just the front of the boot. TIA!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
never heard of an RX 140..... RS maybe?

jeff foreman

Putting on skis
Skier
View attachment 33857

so after 5 seasons on Lange XT 130’s it was time for a new pair of boots. I decided to go with the new dual core RX’s this time for a bit more performance and the new design. I put my BD liners in these and will ski on the boot untouched to see what I feel needs to be tweaked. So far my initial impressions are that the overall shape of this boot is improved. It’s a 97 boot however I immediately noticed more room in the toe box. For my thin ankles and Achilles this boot fits much better and although the Lange isn’t known for a low instep, this just seems to fit better on my low instep. I think the overall shape is why it seems to fit so well rather than specifically narrow or lower zones. I will most likely need a toe grind and a bit more 6th toe area but nothing much. I certainly will appreciate a slightly stiff boot since my cuffs literally rocked backwards about 5mm with the original walk mode on the old XT’s. (Yes, they are locked) :) Nice low profile buckles I’m not sure if I will keep the stock strap or go back to my tried and true Booster strap. More to follow
I am looking to buy the Superleggera. I am currently in the Hawx Ultra 130 and still need better leg,ankle heel hold in my right foot. I have skinny ankle and heel. Do you believe the Leggerra which is essentially a lighter version of the RX dual core will improve hold compared to the Hawx Ultra? Also do these RX Lange lasts fit long like the Hawx Ultra? I am US 13 shoe and fit nicely in the Ultra 29.5 without punching. Thanks for your help

jeff foreman

Putting on skis
Skier
Why don't you try the Fischer Professional liner? The foam fill should give you the heel hold you are looking for.
I think you meant the Atomic Pro Mimic liner. It would improve heel hold for sure but not like a blown in liner. I have since purchased a blown in Sidas and have to work on stretching it. the search for the Holy Grail continues