• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I'm a new member

SDB

Booting up
Skier
New member here, Hello skiers! Me- 57yo male, skiing 45 years, did some high school racing, ski bummed a few years, patrolled a few years, had a 10+ year tele only phase, and been backcountry skiing for 35 years. I just love skiing. Still totally addicted, now teaching my grandkids. I live in the Sierra foothills, Sugar Bowl is my home resort. I'm currently building a house, and when (if ever!) its done, I plan on slowly ticking off the bucket list trips I've always dreamed of. Nice to meet y'all.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome, we are based on the other side of the Sierras.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
New member here, Hello skiers! Me- 57yo male, skiing 45 years, did some high school racing, ski bummed a few years, patrolled a few years, had a 10+ year tele only phase, and been backcountry skiing for 35 years. I just love skiing. Still totally addicted, now teaching my grandkids. I live in the Sierra foothills, Sugar Bowl is my home resort. I'm currently building a house, and when (if ever!) its done, I plan on slowly ticking off the bucket list trips I've always dreamed of. Nice to meet y'all.
Welcome home! - We have a backcountry section at the forum that might be of interest for you, and actually benefit from your knowledge!

I live in the East Bay and SB was my home mountain for a couple season. Loved Crow's Nest above all!

TS
SDB

SDB

Booting up
Skier
I have a van, so one of the first things I want to do is road trip to resorts that allow overnight parking, for like a month straight or something. Of course, the powder highway is on the list. I've always dreamed of a year 'round season, so So. America or NZ is on the wishlist. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay for it, but Japan and /or heli skiing. Alps! I almost forgot, I want to ski in the alps as well. I know, I know, its a big bucket, but one can dream! Thanks for the welcome.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I have a van, so one of the first things I want to do is road trip to resorts that allow overnight parking, for like a month straight or something. Of course, the powder highway is on the list. I've always dreamed of a year 'round season, so So. America or NZ is on the wishlist. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay for it, but Japan and /or heli skiing. Alps! I almost forgot, I want to ski in the alps as well. I know, I know, its a big bucket, but one can dream! Thanks for the welcome.
Well hurry up and take your road trip; we need lots of pictures for those of us who can't read. :ogcool:
Noble ambitions all.

Sponsor

Staff online