• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Monster 83 boot center

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Before I poke holes in a new ski, is my assumption that the mark on the sidewall of the just behind the length stamp the boot center mark? There is no mark on the top sheet, and I don't want to do this over. :)

Thanks!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Before I poke holes in a new ski, is my assumption that the mark on the sidewall of the just behind the length stamp the boot center mark? There is no mark on the top sheet, and I don't want to do this over. :)

Thanks!

Do they use a line or triangle? I don't have access my families Head ski, but that should be the mark.

TS
trailtrimmer

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
This is the mark here, it must be it as there are no other indicators.
IMG_8762.PNG

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
yeah - that looks like it - on all Head skis I have it's that triangle with the line. The question now becomes: how far forward or how far back from that line should you be... :doh:

The 41 if I'm not wrong, means that the skis have metal and you should use the 4.1 bit when drilling it.

Just got a pair of those. :thumb:

cheers

TS
trailtrimmer

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Demo bindings, put them right on the line. After a couple runs, I slid the toe and heel forward 1cm and they are money.

Stock location is likely best for soft snow, forward 1cm gets the tips to bite a little quicker and come around faster.

Sponsor

Staff online