• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
500g blocks is a lot of bulk wax.
Consider you may need 5 to 15grams to wax a ski depending on how stingy or liberal you are. Are you going to make it through that block?

One thing to consider is how much your TIME is worth. If the cheapo wax only gives you a good glide for 1 day, but a slightly more expensive wax gives you better glide for 2 days; and costs you +50cents more for the application of wax; perhaps it's worth it for you to get the more expensive wax so you don't need to wax as often?

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's a HC wax, nothing complicated. I did find it was a bit "stickier" than the Swix HC waxes when brushing. But pretty minor difference and one likely not noticable when skiing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Our ski straps are KUU and are happy with them.
image.jpg

TS
M

MurrayH77

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanx for the replies. I'm thinking about using it as a scrape wax, probably prior to Hertel FC 739.

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kuu is good average HC wax. I think they have FC as well, but haven't used it.

One thing about FC739 - it doesn't seem to go very well on top of an average HC wax... I think they have more parafin content or something - see how you like it, but I ended up not using a normal wax before it.

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
Have been using there wax for years. It is a good price point and a quality product. I tend to wax our skiis every 3 days but we mainly ski hard man made ice in Ontario. No complaints or issues with it.

Sponsor

Staff online