• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

goggles for night skiing

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
I like to ski during the day, but I also do a lot of night skiing at my local mountain.

What goggles would you recommend?

I currently have a nice pair of smith goggles for the day, but at night just a cheap pair of clear lens goggles because it's hard to find lenses for night.

Is there a goggle you recommend that can swap lenses with night? Is it better to use clear or another lens?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Bole" Mojo"
sku 20570

Anti fog (anti Buee) , Night (Nuit)
Cat s O. All that printed right on the box!

$18 on line vendors.
I've got two pair on the sill next to me

Get some!

James

Out There
Instructor
If you watched the night mogul comp from Deer Valley last night, a lot use clear. They really, really need to see. More than racing even.
But whatever works for your eyes. Could be yellow. Even orange. Other people's glasses may or may not work for us. We don't go around assuming they will.

TS
jo3st3

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
Bole" Mojo"
sku 20570

Anti fog (anti Buee) , Night (Nuit)
Cat s O. All that printed right on the box!

$18 on line vendors.
I've got two pair on the sill next to me

Get some!

That's what I have now is the Bole Mojo. It was dirt cheap for a goggle. It's OK, but compared to my Smiths you get what you pay for. They work pretty well for a cheap pair though.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Too much aggravation with fingerprints and cracked lenses over the centuries of skiing trying to be cheap and swap out goggle lenses.. in addition to the lost time on the snow. Just get a 2nd pair of goggles. Another vote for yellow tint for night skiing..

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
You can get a clear lens for most Smith goggles. Check your model. I use Smith blue sensor for night skiing because I'm cheap and don't want to buy a new lens and it's a touch dark but I'm also not generally picky about goggles.

Sponsor

Staff online