• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I have remarkably few pictures from the various New England Gatherings... I'm usually trying to keep up:

I forget, Dave Collins?, @Tony S , @mdf , @Needham , me: Sugarloaf I think... Maybe this was Saddleback? I take awesome notes. :rolleyes:

MaineGathering 006.JPG

@Needham , @Tony S , and the same mystery guest as above, definitely at Saddleback because the Loaf was a frozen up hockey rink the very next day.
MaineGathering 010.JPG

cometjo (aka, Skittles), Kristy and more awesome Kevinf memory at Stowe;
022.JPG

cometjo (Skittles) at Stowe:
025.JPG

@mdf , @Josh Matta , me... I'm not going to try and remember who everybody is.
046.JPG

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@KevinF , skiers in the top photo, l to r, are:
Tony T (local friend)
David S (deliberate 1)
me
mdf
Needham
you

In the second photo, the mystery skier is Tony T.

TS
jgiddyup

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
More PugSki festivities with @mdf , @Matchstix , Mrs Grump, Near Nyquist (Tom) and @jgiddyup

IMG_3292.jpg

No resemblance there with @Gary Stolt and son mid mountain Highlands

IMG_3306.jpg

More mid mountain Highlands with a too many cool characters to name

IMG_3296.jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV, Feb 2012. Good snow conditions.
L-R: Dr. David, VinceK, GregN, Marcus, cantunamunch, Laurel Hill Crazie, Keith, Ms.A.
900x900px-LL-f5b3e14f_timberline2012011.jpeg

LHC, same event:
900x900px-LL-18cb9fbc_Copyoftimberline2012047.jpeg

New England Gathering 2014, Sugarloaf, ME:
L-R: MDF, JimK, KevinF, David, Needham
900x900px-LL-36f6cc3f_DSCN2460.jpeg

TonyS, same event:
900x900px-LL-243b56fe_CopyofDSCN2556.jpeg

New England Gathering 2013? at MRG:
L-R: KevinF, SKI-3PO, Marcus, Mike, Vince
900x900px-LL-c9ca7ca8_Copyof900x900px-LL-7a10a417_DSCN5798.jpeg

2014 Mid-Atlantic Gathering, Timberline, WV
Lady Salina:
900x900px-LL-85ef7df3_CopyofDSCN1696.jpeg

jgiddyup and SKI-3PO riding Blue Knob's crazy chairlift arrangement, 2009.
900x900px-LL-5a548eb0_Copy+of+blue+knob+feb+2009+047.jpg

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
That is Marcus on the right. My long time ski compadre. Technology and Marcus don't speak the same language. Marcus made it to most Blue Knob and Timberline Gatherings. We hit a 2 Utah Gathering, one with the 2003 Brighton ESA and a few Stowe Eastern Tune ups. He even made it to Phil and Tricia's wedding. I think he attended a New England Gathering too.

img_1071-jpg.33190

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is Marcus on the right. My long time ski compadre. Technology and Marcus don't speak the same language. Marcus made it to most Blue Knob and Timberline Gatherings. We hit a 2 Utah Gathering, one with the 2003 Brighton ESA and a few Stowe Eastern Tune ups. He even made it to Phil and Tricia's wedding. I think he attended a New England Gathering too.

img_1071-jpg.33190
Marcus was a good guy...anyone know where he is, he was like the wind...in and out.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Marcus still skis beautifully and frequently. I skied with him and LHC one day last year at Seven Springs, PA. Marcus was an instructor there last winter. Rob says he doesn't get on the internet very often.
1265914192_pic4.jpg

He is a poster-boy for someone who skis all terrain with high skill post-total knee replacement.

Last edited:

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Damn....that video really brings back some memories !

I'm pretty sure that was the last time I visited with "the gold miner" guy you see ssh standing in front of. It was a Christmas Day tradition of mine to head out to see him (always solo) and leave something for the "critters" that roam the area. I did that for a few decades.

Faisal moved to France of all places from Summit County some years ago.

Nancy (SugarCube) met Madmike and Tiff (seated accross from us at dinner) on our first date.

Iccarus (real name Song) is shown seated next to SugarCube at dinner. A very nice guy and he smoked like a chimney. Somebody in the group finally asked him what he did for a living. In somewhat broken english he answered "I am Heart Surgeon" I have no idea how long we were laughing. (fyi- yep.....that's REALLY what he did)

Still in touch with many, miss the ones who have moved on.

UL

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I remember Marcus at MRG during one of the New England Gatherings. He wasn't fazed by much that we found off the single... Good guy.

This thread brings back a lot of good memories. Also, this bright yellow jacket of mine sure makes me stand out in any pictures I've been included in. I guess @Tricia was right. Imagine that.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Marcus was a good guy...anyone know where he is, he was like the wind...in and out.

Marcus still skis beautifully and frequently. I skied with him and LHC one day last year at Seven Springs, PA. Marcus was an instructor there last winter. Rob says he doesn't get on the internet very often.
1265914192_pic4.jpg

He is a poster-boy for someone who skis all terrain with high skill post-total knee replacement.

I remember Marcus at MRG during one of the New England Gatherings. He wasn't fazed by much that we found off the single... Good guy.

This thread brings back a lot of good memories. Also, this bright yellow jacket of mine sure makes me stand out in any pictures I've been included in. I guess @Tricia was right. Imagine that.

I sent Marcus off with you guys when I couldn't be there to hold his hand. ...and if you ever see him, you can tell him I said that. :D I've been chasing Marcus for about 35 years and I still can't catch him, even after the steel knee.

Sponsor