• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Much thanks for this thread Phil & Tricia. Enjoyed the prelim top bump run videos.

Always enjoy watching mogul skiing. Impressive as always.

Have never taken a run down a man made mogul course so have always wondered if I could survive staying in the fall line on such an unfamiliar pro pitch zipperline slope without blowing out? Like would it just seem too weird versus natural bumps that I would need to take several runs before feeling comfortable in that kind of consistent left right left right terrain flow?

As for bolder's comment, I've always been a rec bump skier that would prefer mogul competition on broad natural slopes without the speed element in judging thus more about making good turns and playing down slopes in interesting ways like small traditional type bump skiing airs. In any case am glad the sport has managed to survive at least as it has and best wishes in the coming Winter Olympics for our USA team. Am certain to be watching.

PS. Jonny, you are looking good aging well since your Fistful of Moguls days.

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
The final mogul competition prior to the Olympics is on Saturday in Canada. The final two aerial competitions are Friday and Saturday at Lake Placid. I cannot find anything yet where they will be live-streamed; however, the Olympic Channel and/or NBCSN will have coverage the next day.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will be reporting on that! Freestyle World Cup Part 2. Things start today with some training on the Flying Mile. Lots of "foreigners" in town.
Well, you can stand tall as a Canadian since you have the best male mogul skier on the planet.

Michael Ando

Booting up
Skier
Great to see a picture of the aerials practice. Lydia Lassila lives in the same small coastal town as me a long way from any snow. Hers is an inspirational story and everyone here is hoping she does really well in Deer Valley , where she won last year , and at the Olympics later this year.
Cheers Mike

Lydia just finished up her wonderful World Cup career in Lake Placid with 1st and 2nd place results on consecutive days.
Really hoping she can do just as well at the Olympics so maybe then she can get some well deserved general public recognition at least here in Australia.

Sponsor

Staff online