• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
+1 on Whitewater.

I like the dining options on Telluride.

Le Massif has really good food in their lodge while just down the road at Mont Ste Anne the food sucks.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Deer Valley is really good and less than Park City even before you factor in the local 20% discount. And unlike Park City you don't feel like an accountant decided what you'll be having for lunch and is watching you eat.

Grand Targhee's food is like your roommate from college got high, decided to cook for the first time, messed everything up, quit in the middle but served it anyways because he had to go do another bong hit.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Deer Valley is really good and less than Park City even before you factor in the local 20% discount. And unlike Park City you don't feel like an accountant decided what you'll be having for lunch and is watching you eat.

Grand Targhee's food is like your roommate from college got high, decided to cook for the first time, messed everything up, quit in the middle but served it anyways because he had to go do another bong hit.
hahaha....funny stuff

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Kirkwood. Pack a energy bar and hit happy hour at the inn on your way out. 3 dollar fish tacos, half priced apps and 5 dollar micros. Actually beer prices just came down pretty much resort wide. Sixers of local craft beer at the general store cost me 9.99 the other day which seemed reasonable enough to buy to me.

Also the chili at loveland and beer special downstairs is hard to beat. They still make that green chili?

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
there is one thing that Blue Mt PA has which is quite pleasant. Outside the base lodge and up on the snow at about the place where you would step into your bindings they have a waffle hut. Its not always open so its hit and miss as for being available. But when they are open, the smell of fresh made waffles just takes over the entire base area and is very attracting..Im not even a waffle person but the smell is awesome and there is always a line when its open.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The food at the Lunch Rock at Winter Park is quite good, but at the register they don't say cash or charge, they ask you about financing options.

Yeah, and paying $3 for hot cocoa made from hot water and a dried mix is a bit galling. But, the bathrooms are free, and then I ski down to Mary Jane base, where they will give you a cup of hot water for free, and I put in my own $.010 packet of cocoa powder.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
When our son was younger we would usually dine at 10 Mile Station in Breckenridge just because he liked it. Anymore we eat lunch at our timeshare because it is just as convenient as eating at one of the resort dining options. Plus we can throw the skis in a locker and not have to worry about someone taking off with them. And the area is gated if we wanted to leave them outside.

My wife usually has some chili waiting for us, or we buy Subway the night before and eat that for lunch if my wife is skiing.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
maybe the only nice thing about skiing in the mid-west is that the prices aren't insanely high to have some food in the lodge. Most MN resorts have decent food at reasonable prices overall. When we night ski we eat in the car on the way to the hill and just ski the entire time we're there. If we do on the weekends we eat lunch in the lodge when it's not busy. Both trollhaugen and wild mtn have pretty good food in the bar upstairs in the lodge. about the same price as going to a sit down restaurant.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
so we split our time between 3 local hills in PA: blue mtn, jack frost mtn, and montage mtn. across the board, the cafeteria food is marginal and overpriced for what it is, but not outrageously so. both blue and montage have renovated their base lodge facilities to accommodate more people and provide an updated appearance. jack frost's facilities haven't changed in probably 30 years. all three lodges/cafe's can get mobbed on busy weekends, so we usually skip the café options and go straight to the restaurants.

blue mtn added a couple of outdoor eating options that are better than the cafeteria, and added a nice bar/restaurant that has pub food that is above average, but not gourmet. beer selection is also good (aka craft beer plus usual swill). montage also has a good restaurant that has above average pub fare and a solid craft beer selection. price point for typical entrée at both is about $10 to $15.....pretty average eat-out pricing for regular east coast restaurants. jack frost's restaurant options are barely average for both food and beverage. price point is similar. the food price differential isn't crazy, so for an extra few bucks we get better food with less craziness and crowds. #winning. def waay less expensive than the dining options out west.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
In Tignes today I had lunch in the American-style burger joint in Val Claret, where I had what my brother describes as the 8000 calorie bacon cheeseburger, side salad, chunky fries, and a bucket of Coke for €17.50.

It's one of my favorite lunch spots. Luckily, I beat the rush by about 5 minutes today.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
so we split our time between 3 local hills in PA: blue mtn, jack frost mtn, and montage mtn. across the board, the cafeteria food is marginal and overpriced for what it is, but not outrageously so. both blue and montage have renovated their base lodge facilities to accommodate more people and provide an updated appearance. jack frost's facilities haven't changed in probably 30 years. all three lodges/cafe's can get mobbed on busy weekends, so we usually skip the café options and go straight to the restaurants.

blue mtn added a couple of outdoor eating options that are better than the cafeteria, and added a nice bar/restaurant that has pub food that is above average, but not gourmet. beer selection is also good (aka craft beer plus usual swill). montage also has a good restaurant that has above average pub fare and a solid craft beer selection. price point for typical entrée at both is about $10 to $15.....pretty average eat-out pricing for regular east coast restaurants. jack frost's restaurant options are barely average for both food and beverage. price point is similar. the food price differential isn't crazy, so for an extra few bucks we get better food with less craziness and crowds. #winning. def waay less expensive than the dining options out west.
Havnt been to montage in some years. Was a gtreat hill to teach the kids imo. And as for its diamond runs, short and not all that for diamonds but can actually get a aton of skiing with no lines down the bottom half.
I like Bues skiing I think the runs are among the best as Pocono skiing and they blow snow every single chance they get they don't skimp. But yea can be a real zoo at the lodges and is why my lunch is eaten in the car..lol

But montage cafeteria (at least some years back) I thought had pretty decent food. Not cheap but was decently good. I just couldn't take sitting on top of everyones gear that is left on every table as though they are personal lockers. Its a huge issue at that place more than any other I know.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
CAM00002.jpg

Lunch today in Lenzerheide: rosti with fried eggs served sizzling hot. Together with a .5 l glass of Coke, it cost me 21.70 CHF, which is about $22.25.

Arosa-Lenzerheide is becoming my favorite place to ski.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
As I was grabbing a cup for water at Breck the other day (not my local hill but there you go) I saw fountain soda was a mere $5.95 a pop. Pretty glad I pack soup and a sandwich.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't like the Lake Louise cafeterias. They're expensive and the food isn't great. The Powder Keg Lounge/Pub in the main lodge has good food and is very comfortable, but it can be busy on the weekends....especailly after 11:30. Sawyer's Nook in Temple is okay. I haven't tried the Whitehorn Bistro, or Kuma Yama, but they aren't cheap!

RCR resorts (Kicking Horse and Fernie) have incredibly expensive cafeterias. Your best bet is to eat somewhere else, like the Double Black Cafe at Kicking Horse...it's pricey, but at least the food is decent.

Whitewater has great food at a fair price. I really look forward to lunch there.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
The Spuds Eh van at Fernie used to be great but I bet RCR took it over or drove them our.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
View attachment 36801

Lunch today in Lenzerheide: rosti with fried eggs served sizzling hot. Together with a .5 l glass of Coke, it cost me 21.70 CHF, which is about $22.25.

Arosa-Lenzerheide is becoming my favorite place to ski.
23 bucks and not even bacon. It looks good and im a fan of eggs sunnyside and in fact that dish I could steel off the screen right now. But that a lot of money. I mean you got to go for nearly 100 bucks if your feeding a fam of four just for eggs and homefries? Wow at least throw in a pound of bacon..lol

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
My last ski day was a trip to wawa at 7am for breakfast and then a sandwhich in the cooler bag for lunch time. Cheap, good and preferred considering the crowds at the lodge.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
23 bucks and not even bacon. It looks good and im a fan of eggs sunnyside and in fact that dish I could steel off the screen right now. But that a lot of money. I mean you got to go for nearly 100 bucks if your feeding a fam of four just for eggs and homefries? Wow at least throw in a pound of bacon..lol

To be fair, the dish was only 16, and for some reason the Coke was 5.70. So, you could cut the price significantly with a cheaper drink. Also, it was in a mid-mountain restaurant with table service, so nothing's really going to be cheap.

Another place in a different part of the ski area does rosti with egg, cheese, and speck (thinly sliced cured ham), but that costs about 20 CHF on its own.

Oh, and rosti are more like hash browns, not fries.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
To be fair, the dish was only 16, and for some reason the Coke was 5.70. So, you could cut the price significantly with a cheaper drink. Also, it was in a mid-mountain restaurant with table service, so nothing's really going to be cheap.

Another place in a different part of the ski area does rosti with egg, cheese, and speck (thinly sliced cured ham), but that costs about 20 CHF on its own.

Oh, and rosti are more like hash browns, not fries.
was that Coke the drink or Coke the drug? No but of course the cost of soft drinks is ridiculous. Fortunately Im not a big soda consumer with my means. I'll opt for water much more often. And even then you can pay 3,4 bucks for a water. Where/when does it end? Getting to the point its going to cost 5 bucks just to wake up in the morning......and then another 5 if you want to breathe.....and oh yea, another 5 if want to breather fresh air.

Sponsor

Staff online