• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

First time skier going skiing in Aspen, help please.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Beginner Magic lessons at Snowmass and Buttermilk include lift ticket, rental gear and lesson. It is a great deal and gives you access to on mountain equipment so if something needs to be swapped out, it can be. The rental shop employees are trained to provide boots that fit properly and skis are shorter so that people have the best chance of success early on.
@fastpacer, Nancy is an instructor for Aspen Mountains. She as well as @Mike King are amazing resources for those areas. IMHO you have struck gold by connecting with someone of her caliber here.

john petersen

working through minutia to find the big picture!
Instructor
fastpacer...welcome to the forum and enjoy your skiing experiences. we are excited for you!

Jp

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't have too many beers or cocktails the first few nights. Hope you have a great time and enjoy skiing.

Tactical Speed

On the Moguls
Skier
While you're at it, check out the Learn to Ski and Snowboard program. They have a couple of really good contests--for both first-time skiers and those introducing their friends to skiing. You can win some ski gear. It's a win-win deal.
  • First Timers can post their photos with the hash tag #firstdayfaces.

• Experienced skiers who help their friends sign up for a first-time lesson can take the Bring-a-Friend Challenge, which is what I did when I first introduced my daughter to skiing. (I'm a past winner.)
Either way, enjoy your trip. Here's wishing for mega snowfall!

SkiSchoolPros

Impact Ecosystem- ie.Money with Meaning
Skier
If you are unable to get on snow before your Aspen trip, consider going ice skating...skating is the motion skiers make to get around on flat areas and if you can stay centered balanced on a short ice skates then it will be easier for you to do similar on skis.

Some good resources so far, but also consider checking out how-to-maximize-your-ski-snowboard-lessons/ that I wrote a few years ago. You'll be in good hands at Aspen, but it always helps to be prepared.

Sponsor

Staff online