• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Darn Tough Socks. Great socks (so far).

Mikey

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've had thicker Smartwool socks for the past few years. This year, I wanted to get a thinner sock and decided on Darn Tough socks. I purchased 3 pairs of these: https://darntough.com/collections/m...over-the-calf-ultra-light?variant=30180678215 62% Merino Wool, 35% Nylon, 3% Lycra® Spandex

So far, I'm impressed with the sock. I'd recommend these socks for guys with feet on the narrow side. I'm a D but barely. In a dress shoe a D can be just slightly too big and a C can be a bit too small. These socks fit snug and don't stretch out at all through the day. I don't know how they do it, but they have an unconditional lifetime warranty.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think their ultra light is as thin as smartwool's ultra light, but I've got a bunch of their thicker socks for hiking and they are excellent.

Gettes

Booting up
Skier
I got the ones with the extra padding last year and it caused me to become a bit of a Darn Tough junkie. They seem to be holding up really well and the lifetime guarantee makes me feel a little better about dropping $20+/- on a pair of socks.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Whole sock basket full of Darn Toughs. Go to the factory for their once a year sale in November and stock up on the cheap. Cabot Hosiery Mills in Northfield,Vt

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm another big fan. I got two pairs of their thin socks with padding on the shin about 5 years ago. At least 50 ski days on each pair. I like how the tight fit has them not riding up my ankle as I squeeze into my boots. I need to futz with other socks to get them into position once the boots are on.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought one pair last ski season and they held up really well. No stretching and the elastic is still like new. Bought a couple new pairs this season and some of their hiking crew socks summer wear. Good stuff!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have 2 pairs of the Darn Tough Ultralight as wel as many other ski socks. The Darn Tough’s are a fair bit taller than the Smartwool PHDUltralight, with is great for guys with long legs like me.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Picked up some darn tough hiking socks at TJ Max. Like them a lot.

Do they have a factory store in Northfield?

Last edited:

Sponsor