• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
https://www.youtube.com/user/wranglerstar

Has taught me more manly arts than my Dad.

I like my lightweight DeWalt 12v cordless drill but I switch to a 30 year old corded Makita when I need power. Usually when you need that kind of ummph there's an outlet nearby.

Why would I ever need an impact hammer? I've been throwing/donating/selling more tools than buying, so many things I have carted around without ever using. I swear I could build the next house with twelve tools and done.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Why would I ever need an impact hammer?.

LOL I went through 2 of them (Dewalt) just drilling holes for feather/wedge work in a granite block I had* out back.

*Well, I still have it only it's a bit smaller - wheelbarrow size instead of Civic size and a lot uglier and resting on sand now. The rest of it is edging the front yew row.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
LOL I went through 2 of them (Dewalt) just drilling holes for feather/wedge work in a granite block I had* out back.

*Well, I still have it only it's a bit smaller - wheelbarrow size instead of Civic size and a lot uglier and resting on sand now. The rest of it is edging the front yew row.

Drilling into rocks isn’t high on my to-do list....

Here’s something I saw in a ski shop back in the 70s. Appropriate for the cheaply made glued soles of most boots these days... these are Keens, the Subaru of Chinese footwear.

FE2CF63E-B6D3-4641-B0B4-D29698A9C0D0.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So- the 21st century adage is inaccurate? :eek:

When you have a rotary hammer everything doesn't look like a 1.5 ton granite blob? :D

My Keen MTB shoes have lasted longer than my Pearl Izumi ones - possibly proving the accuracy of your analogy.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah..you saw that, huh?:doh: Please don't judge. :D

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Drilling into rocks isn’t high on my to-do list....

Here’s something I saw in a ski shop back in the 70s. Appropriate for the cheaply made glued soles of most boots these days... these are Keens, the Subaru of Chinese footwear.

View attachment 34283
LOL - An old boot, as if a shop doesn't smell bad enough.

James

Out There
Instructor
Real men use canned pure Acetone... Not the perfumed liquid that (most) women have no idea is an industrial solvent, and have slathered it on their fingers as soon as they could.
-Then they use it in a closed car.

Note to self... keep Bondo in the glove compartment for those situations. "What? I'm fixing the steering wheel"

I knew an old timer who told me they use to kill rats by putting acetone in the bottom of a barrel with the rat in it. It's heavier than air. (Don't ask me how they got the rat in a barrel)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Real men use canned pure Acetone... Not the perfumed liquid that (most) women have no idea is an industrial solvent, and have slathered it on their fingers as soon as they could.
-Then they use it in a closed car.

Note to self... keep Bondo in the glove compartment for those situations. "What? I'm fixing the steering wheel"

I knew an old timer who told me they use to kill rats by putting acetone in the bottom of a barrel with the rat in it. It's heavier than air. (Don't ask me how they got the rat in a barrel)
Doesn't pure Acetone kill you?

James

Out There
Instructor
Doesn't pure Acetone kill you?
-Well we would have an awful lot of half dead women around.

-No, only if you spill a gallon in the car, then fall asleep lying across the backseat with the windows closed. (This is why one leaves the windows cracked in the summer. I hear Teslas will have a cabin organic molecule sensor to prevent these needless deaths. Especially in winter)
See, perfectly safe.

Apparently, ethyl acetate is used in non acetone solvent based nail polish remover. Also to decaffeinate coffee (non Swiss water process). Yikes.

Note to self: pencil in time to watch youtube videos on nail care and makeup.

Self to note: makeup videos swamp the number of Jacque's tuning videos and I'm only on his second one. Might be unrealistic.

Note to @Jacques : girls make serious money with makeup videos. Have you considered teaming up with one and doing a combo? I'd watch it.

But, for the glam polish, metallic, one wants the big guns -acetone. But not for fake nails because acetone takes those off. See, this is why one has others do it in the strip mall.

Maybe @Marker, a chemist I think, could enlighten us on the subject. Plus tell us how long we have to live when the open can of acetone falls over just as you fall asleep in the pickup truck bed with all the cap (topper) windows shut.

Last edited:

Sponsor