• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comfy boots

Rob Potter

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have Neuropathy. It makes my feet hurt. I can't even wear my Technice Dragons. I miss them. I need the lightest, softest, most comfortable alpine boot made. I know I will lose a lot of control as they will have to be a sloppy fit. It's the snug part that hurts. If I can find them I will return to my love, skiing, after a 5 year absence due to 2 strokes. I have made a big comeback physically and I skied for 50 years before the stroke so if I can find a comfy boot I know I can ski. Thank you. Rob...

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree that this may be one of the few cases that I would suggest the Apex Boot. I would fear that going bigger to make other boots more comfy would end up as pain as you bang around in them with the forces of skiing. Good luck!

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nordica Cruise line is incredibly comfortable and is built more for comfort than ultimate performance. Last width is also wider than most boots so might help a little without having to bump up a size. I have a pair and on the days when my feet are are just not having my other boots I hop into them and sacrifice a little stiffness for comfort.

TS
R

Rob Potter

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have Neuropathy. It makes my feet hurt. I can't even wear my Technice Dragons. I miss them. I need the lightest, softest, most comfortable alpine boot made. I know I will lose a lot of control as they will have to be a sloppy fit. It's the snug part that hurts. If I can find them I will return to my love, skiing, after a 5 year absence due to 2 strokes. I have made a big comeback physically and I skied for 50 years before the stroke so if I can find a comfy boot I know I can ski. Thank you. Rob...
Thanks for the ideas! I found an Apex dealer in Tahoe City, "Willards". I'm going up to try them. I'll post results.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the ideas! I found an Apex dealer in Tahoe City, "Willards". I'm going up to try them. I'll post results.
Yes, Apex is a good place to start but do not dismiss a traditional shell boot either. If you coming up from the Bay, check out @Greg Whitehouse at California Ski Co. in Berkley.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Daleboot is the only boot you'll love and you won't give up any performance. They are made for your feet only, not stretched to make them fit. I bought mine 3 years ago and they are as comfy as my slippers because the inside is shaped exactly the same as my feet. There are no pressure points or hot spots unless you over tighten them. The best part is they don't cost any more than any other high performance boot. Regardless of what you buy they are at lease worth a look!

MRT

Putting on skis
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
Apex does not = Lightest---just a thought

Atomic Ultra + heat molding the liner and shell will = Lightest and should be comfortable:yahoo:

We have fitted many problematic feet into these puppies.

mIke

Sponsor