• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Would you be interested in an annual Pugski Canada Gathering?

• Great idea, eh? I live in Canada and we’ve got so much great skiing.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Awesome idea! I live in non-Canadian North America and I love powder without lift lines.

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Makes sense, I live Down Under and going to Canada is just as easy as the States.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Neat idea, but I’m unlikely to attend.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I’m not allowed to cross the border. Don’t ask. Next question.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
All good.

That said, with my MCP, Lake Louis and Sunshine Village is looking pretty good for the spring. More so than, say, Revelstoke for that time of the year.

But that’s just me.

I suppose there could be an East and a West version of a Canada Gathering.

Or is that just too much?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have just booked a trip to Big White for Dec 9 -16, if anybody else is going to be there .

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My plans for this year include the gathering, Also a few trips to W/B as LS is instructing again. I also plan on an Ontario trip or 2 at some point. I have no set dates but will watch here. Oh ya might get stuck skiing in CO also when I go to the Denver Mint.

Off topic and a long way away, but any chance that Denver mint trip is just before the weekend of April 21st? If so, perhaps we could make some turns...

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Off topic and a long way away, but any chance that Denver mint trip is just before the weekend of April 21st? If so, perhaps we could make some turns...
Im not sure of the date yet but I know its around that time. Will keep you posted!

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm getting a new roof...so not going anywhere except Tremblant because that's already paid!!

Do you get day tickets, or a sublime pass for the season, if not a season pass? If you're not already aware, the day ticket deals from local Costco's are the best deals. $65 for a day pass, and that includes a $10 lunch coupon and a discount on rentals (which I've just given to people in the rental line).

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have a full pass and a seasonal rental condo on the hill. All of that would have paid for the roof....but pass was paid back in May. Condo over the summer... So roof is what credit lines are for. Roof just came up this week!

But the Costco deal is great for anyone with no other discount!!

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
Sounds fun. I have sublime and day tripping to the north slope. Actually was going to go tomorrow but didn't feel like fight through Montreal traffic both ways.

gski

Booting up
Skier
That said, with my MCP, Lake Louis and Sunshine Village is looking pretty good for the spring. More so than, say, Revelstoke for that time of the year.

Canada gathering - yes! MCP and Lake Louise and Sunshine make a great combo!

Posaune

sliding
Skier
It's now 2018. Somebody has to set dates and a place. Since there is no chosen Gathermeister it will be kind of hard to all agree, but if we have a target, then many of us can begin to plan. I'm all up for anywhere in B.C. or Alberta, as I said earlier. April is a great time. Lots of people seemed to agree that Banff is a good place to gather, but there are other good places too. Now we need somebody to step forward, be a leader, and make a decision! I'd do it, but I'm not Canadian, so I'll wait and watch. Come on you Canuks, commit and let's ski!!

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m also non-Canadian. That said, I like the idea of Banff, in part because I have an MCP this year, and in part because my SO will want to go to Banff for the scenery. For MCP holders, a Banff trip could add on a couple days at Revelstoke, either as part of a Gathering or as a side trip.

Assuming the Utah Gathering happens for me (that’s still the plan but that could change depending on the snowfall, or lack thereof) I’m kinda busy until late March or early April.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
if timing works I'm always ok with either Banff, Okanogan Valley, KH/Revy or S.E. BC/Montana. Whistler is also the cheapest/easiest for me.
Bit more convincing is required for Red Whitewater; a pain to get to and I have never had much luck there.
The Okanogan, Revelstoke Fernie and Whitefish we all know start getting effected by temps soon after the first week in March so if your thinking late March or April (Kicking Horse Lake Louise Sunshine Panorama) or Whistler are always better for snow.

As far as doing arranging no, my road trips have always been on pretty short notice, in part depending on commitments to customers.
I would not want to pick a time for others then not even show up myself.

Pousane why not do as you did a few years ago pick a few times /places that will work for you and see which has most interest. You live close enough to qualify as Canadian and my computer skills for setting up any poll are as bad as my writing.

Personally Feb is already booked, 3 week January looks ok for me but that's probably too short a notice for most.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are likely to be in Banff the third week in April - will be watching this thread to see if anyone else ends up there, too.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm an MCP holder and I am considering switching my February trip to Revelstoke-Lake Louise-Sunshine because the other destination is still very brown and I'm losing faith..

I would probably do this trip around US President' day, which is middle of February. Anyone else interested in such a loop? Fly into Kelowna and out of Calgary?
Just started thinking about it last night....

k

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
I'm an MCP holder and I am considering switching my February trip to Revelstoke-Lake Louise-Sunshine because the other destination is still very brown and I'm losing faith..

I would probably do this trip around US President' day, which is middle of February. Anyone else interested in such a loop? Fly into Kelowna and out of Calgary?
Just started thinking about it last night....

k

Just an FYI so you are forewarned It will be BUSY here at that time as well....as it's Family day on Monday Feb. 19 in Alberta...it will also be busy at Revy that weekend too as many Albertans head to the BC ski hills that weekend too. (BC family day is 1 week earlier)

The lineups last year at Revy that weekend were brutal! (Saturday morning's 45 min wait for the morning gondola was ugly..lineup stretched waaaay past the parking lot...) I'm a glutton for punishment as we tend to go to Revy that long weekend every year...Hotels etc. can be pricier at that time too..

Would be interested in a gathering but would need to be (Feb 10, Feb 24, Mar 24 weekends) or after Easter for me....as most other weekends are booked with trips.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My home mountain, Sun Peaks closes April 15 so I have tentatively planned on heading to Banff after that. I could go to Banff earlier if need be.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
@Jenny -- You're looking at April 15-21? Looks like @DanoT is free starting around the 16th or 17th.

@Mike Rogers and @albertanskigirl -- You are local-ish. Are you available then?

@Started at 53 -- What say you? I need some company on the greens and blues. You can visit your new home site on the way back.

I only have this to say: Let the consensus process begin!

@David Chaus -- Consensus process has begun. You and Shamora free that week? If so, you might start a roll call with locations and dates and see how this forms. (See how I did that?)

Sponsor

Staff online