• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
hey guys. I’m skiing in Banff this week, and my buddy is in the market for some new boots. Looking to get a solid boot fit. Anybody know a guy, or a place that does a good job? Thanks for any recs!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
There are more Calgarians on TGR than here so you might want to go to the TGR Alberta Rockies thread (or whatever it is called) and ask there.

TS
Beartown

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
Muchas gracias!

We've been skiing for two days, and he's been on rentals. Wanting to get back into skiing after a few years off, and as we live flatlands which are bereft of good boot fitting, now is the time!

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
PJ at Monods sports in Banff is excellent. We use him exclusively to fit/modify our boots. We both have heat moldable liner/moldable shell boots. (Fischer and Salomon)

My wife has extremely difficult feet to fit and keep the fit maintained and requires annual re-fitting due to her feet/foot muscle mass changing plus we like to ski challenging terrain and absolutely need the best fit possible.

I'd definitely go in there and get him to help you!

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Fyi: We also used Dave when he was at Soulfit in Banff before he went on sabbatical 3 or 4 years ago... which is when we started going to PJ. Didn't realize he was back bootfitting again.

PJ's done an excellent job for us so he's still our goto guy.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Fyi: We also used Dave when he was at Soulfit in Banff before he went on sabbatical 3 or 4 years ago... which is when we started going to PJ. Didn't realize he was back bootfitting again.

PJ's done an excellent job for us so he's still our goto guy.

Dave is there & just helped me w a boot issue!

TS
Beartown

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
Any luck with the boots?

How was your trip?

Trip was great! Got in a ton of great skiing all over SS and LL. Beautiful weather. If you can't have fresh snow, might as well enjoy the sun!

My buddy did go in for boot fitting at Monod's. I didn't catch the fitter's name (I was out skiing still). They had some trouble with his low volume feet. Didn't end up buying anything. He's going to give it another try on his next trip.

In any case, thanks all for the recs!

Sponsor

Staff online