• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Any Eastern Townships Skiers?

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Assuming there aren’t many lurking on this site, or they might have chimed in on the New England Gathering thread.

In any event, I bought a night pass to Bromont. In my opinion, it is an incredible value — US$221 for a ton of well lit terrain, with access starting at 5pm. I’ve only been once before, but I was impressed at how much was available; contrast to night skiing at Bolton Valley where there’s only one or two top to bottom runs. It’s like Mid-Atlantic night skiing in terms of lighting coverage but with snow that’s pretty good, all things considered.

Bromont is an hour from where I live - or a half hour further away than Jay Peak. I’m excited to have this option for weekday evening skiing when daytime is too busy at work for me to head to the mountain and catch some runs. And I guess that makes me a holder of mountain-specific passes in two countries, so that’s cool, I guess. Luckily the border crossing is quite easy on I-91.

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
Back in the "old" days (before I lived in the Laurentians and when we had ski houses around Knowlton or Magog) I used to ski the townships a lot. Loved Sutton and Owls Head in particular. Now Tremblant is much closer so that's where I usually ski. But (as I may have mentioned elsewhere) I did buy a Jay pass, mainly because it was SO cheap I couldn't resist! So I do hope to get down there at some point - had hoped for Diva week but have a Europe trip planned for then. So we'll see...

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Assuming there aren’t many lurking on this site, or they might have chimed in on the New England Gathering thread.

In any event, I bought a night pass to Bromont. In my opinion, it is an incredible value — US$221 for a ton of well lit terrain, with access starting at 5pm. I’ve only been once before, but I was impressed at how much was available; contrast to night skiing at Bolton Valley where there’s only one or two top to bottom runs. It’s like Mid-Atlantic night skiing in terms of lighting coverage but with snow that’s pretty good, all things considered.

Bromont is an hour from where I live - or a half hour further away than Jay Peak. I’m excited to have this option for weekday evening skiing when daytime is too busy at work for me to head to the mountain and catch some runs. And I guess that makes me a holder of mountain-specific passes in two countries, so that’s cool, I guess. Luckily the border crossing is quite easy on I-91.
I can only assume the price is so low because it's so damn cold when the sun goes down up there/ there aren't many people interested in freezing the night away.

If you only go a few times and realize, "damn Quebec is cold at night"......it's only 200.00, so not much of a loss for you WFH people.....you guys are killing it!

Darryl

Booting up
Skier
Have skied both Owls Head and Sutton. Sutton with good snow is amazing, love the tree runs and it is inexpensive mid-week. Owls head is very scenic.

Have not skied Bromont.

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Back in the "old" days (before I lived in the Laurentians and when we had ski houses around Knowlton or Magog) I used to ski the townships a lot. Loved Sutton and Owls Head in particular. Now Tremblant is much closer so that's where I usually ski. But (as I may have mentioned elsewhere) I did buy a Jay pass, mainly because it was SO cheap I couldn't resist! So I do hope to get down there at some point - had hoped for Diva week but have a Europe trip planned for then. So we'll see...
@SkiBam please let me know if you come to Jay. I will be free to ski on Sundays!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I skied the Eastern Townships and Jay Peak a few times in the late 1960s but it is a vague memory. But you know what they say: "If you can remember the 60s, then you weren't doing it right".

Sponsor

Staff online