• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another Fatal at Lake Louise This Time

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Very sad. Here in US, attending a ski academy. Thoughts and prayers for friends and family. Very difficult.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
That’s terrible. I just heard about this. How awful. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sad is an understatement. [Tears]

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Damn! Condolences to the family & friends.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skiing has risks, sometimes serious ones with devastating consequences, least we forget.

Easily said, harshly reminded.

Heart felt condolences to the family, friends and fellow team mates.

From a Skier/Canadian/Austrian

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From SkiRacing.com

Another news source out of Europe
http://it.eurosport.com/sci-alpino/...ssettenne-max-burkhart_sto6435508/story.shtml
24862523_1461019154020790_1907716127055229830_n.jpg

Translate:
Another tragedy in downhill skiing: seventeen year old Max Burkhart dies
Of Eurosport
4 hours ago
The young German was training for the descent to Lake Louise and fell into the protective nets; died on Wednesday at the hospital.

New tragedy in the world of alpine skiing. Three weeks after the fatal accident happened to David Poisson, the promise Max Burkhart also goes away.

The German, who was training downhill at Lake Louise, crashed on Tuesday in protection networks. Despite immediate relief and timely transportation to the hospital, there was nothing to do for the discissettenne and he died on Wednesday in Calgary.

Burkhart participated in the races of the Nor-Am Cup, a circuit created ad hoc by the FIS to allow new emerging talents to confront each other internationally before the great leap into the World Cup.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Unlike Poisson, my understanding is that there were mulitple witnesses to this unfortunate event.
So we will likely get a much better sense on what happened and if safety protocols need to be re-evaluated.

I do know the Nor-Am event is hosted on the same track as the WC events prior to (different start/finish) utilizing the same safety infrastructure if I'm not mistaken.
I believe it was a scheduled training day.

I'll refrain from posting any specific details until more is known and the offical report goes out.

Sponsor