• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anna Veith.......return timing.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
This article appeared today in skiracing.com, relative to Anna Veith and the potential timing of her return to racing.

https://www.skiracing.com/stories/veith-prepares-for-return-to-racing

Basically says that she will not be skiing Soelden {and skipping the GS at Killington}, with the earliest possible return at Lake Louise. It's interesting to hear her say that she has nothing to prove to anyone. I like that, as I believe that it's true.

She had a brutal knee injury at Soelden two years ago. The reports in the press, released by the Austrian federation, at first were pretty much "standard" women's knee stuff: a torn MCL and a torn ACL. Then it started to come out that the really tough part of the injury was to her patellar tendon, and to the patella itself.

She is such an incredibly beautiful, smooth and strong skier. Can't think of anybody who I preferred to watch.

I hear that she is taking this comeback at a pace where she will take what she gets, and cherish how much she can come back. She was able to race a bit last season, had more surgery last spring, and the article mentions that she is now pain free, and feeing strong on snow and in the gym.

I hope that she does come back. The article seems to suggest that being in Korea is a big driver. She won the 2014 SG.

Best of luck to her.

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Agreed, she was the best and great to watch. A "modern" ski racer with a smooth technique and gymnastic-type of physic. She snatched the GS globe right in front of Jessika Lindell Vikarby 15/16-season who was in the lead up until the last race on the finals. Hope she gets back to that.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Edit, did a double check and that was the 2014 GS-globe I was referring to. Time flies.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
She is one of my favorites to watch. Such great flow and technique, her skiing is absolutely beautiful to watch.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Glad to hear she is pain free, hopefully that is a sign that she will return to top form at some point. I winced a lot watching her last season.

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
Dangit! I was planning to go to K-Town “just” to see her and get her caught up to speed on our relationship that has been going on in my head for quite some time. It can be very difficult to be an imaginary social media inspired WC boyfriend … all the travel, airfare, posing as hotel room service and explaining myself to security guards. Uhg! I’m going back to Hollywood actresses … much easier to track down.