• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

All Things Subaru

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Some of my MP3 players do that, both on the Forester and on the 2017 Ford Edge rental they gave me for Air Bags round one.

I found that if I PAUSE the device manually before turning off the car when it boots back up it starts at the spot on shuffle where I paused it. Pausing it will cause it to turn itself off while paused at a marked spot. Shutting off the power while it is playing causes it to start over fresh when it turns back on.
To let you know, I tried your method and it didn't work. Rats.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my jk wrangler BUT if i ever got another vehicle it would be a bright ass Orange Subaru Crosstrek. I would need new license plates though as my current plates read TOPLYS and that would take on new meaning if i had a non convertible lol. :roflmao:
Just one thing about the CrossTrek. Mine would fit, but my BFs would protrude into the front. It's a cute car but that would be annoying on a long trip.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just one thing about the CrossTrek. Mine would fit, but my BFs would protrude into the front. It's a cute car but that would be annoying on a long trip.

When i was contemplating buying my jeep i took a couple pairs of our skis to my friend Pam's house and made sure they'd fit in the wrangler which they did in spades.

If i were ever serious about a cross trek I'd find someone who owns one and do the same.

How tall are your BFs skis?

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
on my 14th Subie.. learned to stick shift on the first ones in US back in early 70's I've Been hooked on outbacks last 2 cars due to size, height, great mileage (4cy getting 28-32mpg) and Love the lack of maintenance needed on Subaru's oil change and brakes. my SO has my "old 2011 has 125k on it JUST put in new radiator & she's still going. Mine just rolled 34k bought in dec 2015.. will probably trade this fall for 2018 model since they hold their value so I'll drive a new car for nothing down.that's the other good thing about Subaru's they really hold their value on resale. many cars crash as soon as you drive them off the lot! I thought about cross trek but after having all the room in the outback I won't go down in size...

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I don't know how long his skis are. 183?

Thanks. Michael's are 177. I'm really not in a hurry to give up my jeep. I can fit half a dozen pair of skis in there plus all our luggage and nothing encroaches in the frontseat. My tallest ski is a 170 so i suppose we could get a roof box but i like the in car option. I'm thinking the cross trek might be too small for me.

I love cars and its fun to think about what could be next. My jeep and i will be together for a good long time i think. If anything, i might trader her in for a Sahara or Rubicon but it's nice to have a vehicle that retains its value. For the first time in my life i owe less on a vehicle then it's worth so it's nice not to be upside down.

I will always like the cross trek and know Subarus are great cars so subie away all.

:crossfingers:

Last edited:
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@Bill Talbot's car parked outside of the tire shop today??

26230926_1945654782116717_1022946872347770570_n.jpg

WTF with the real estate sales sign stuck on the door???

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So today the alarm system started screaming for no apparent reason.. TWICE. Never happened before. Checked the battery terminals. Went and had the battery tested. I was hoping it was the problem, NOPE. Latest thing I've tried is to open and close all the doors again, but no dome light or door ajar lights suggesting that is the problem. I did notice some stuff at the back pushing against the hatch some. Pushed it out of the way and hoping that solves things.

Back story. Ignition switch has been sketchy on this thing for over 5 years. Once in a blue moon when I take the key out of the ignition, it hasn't turned all the way it should so the doors won't lock because it thinks the keys still in it. Also, on the other side of the switch, start up and sometimes not all the electronics engage.. like no wipers, no radio, just headlights and directions working. Stop, shut it off, start it again and all is well. These problems occur maybe once every 6 moths tops. When I took it to the dealer and had them checking it two years ago they said it took them all day of trying to recreate the problem and said leave it unless I want to pay $2K for all new locks, ignition, and security, fobs, etc. No other way to just replace the ignition alone so they said anyway.

So, here I sit with the car locked up outside fingers crossed that the alarm won't start ghosting again. If it does I think I can disarm it

Subaru Forester: Activating and deactivating the alarm system
  1. Disarm the alarm system. ...
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and shut all doors and the rear gate.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position.
  4. Hold down the UNLOCK side of the driver's power door locking switch, open the driver's door within the following 1 second, and wait 10 seconds without releasing the switch.
I'm going to try that next and just live with an 11 year old car without an alarm.. as long as I can at least lock it.

Any other suggestions?

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I still love my 2011 Outback 3.6R. With the paddle shifters, it is so easy to keep in the power band heading up I-70 and pass with authority. The biggest problem is keeping it closer to 80 than 90.