• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone have any experience with the adaptive program at Squaw Valley? My visually impaired friend will be at Ski for Light in late January, and she and the family want to ski Squaw for a couple of days after that. She's a little frustrated at the moment because they will be there Monday and Tuesday, but Squaw told her they don't have anyone to do the adaptive on Tuesdays, and she could do Monday, but they require them to ski at Alpine Meadows first.

She's also concerned because she says it sounds lesson oriented and she doesn't want that. She wants a guide to help her get around, and to kind of take care of her if she's too far behind the husband and daughter. They've done this at other places (Winter Park, for one) and had good experiences.

Any suggestions?

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
https://achievetahoe.org

Do you know if this is who she was in touch with? They are a nonprofit based out of alpine meadows. I know they do their adaptive programs at alpine, squaw, and northstar. If she has only been in touch with someone at squaw valley ski resort she might want to try them directly.

Squalpine is one resort these days with two separate base areas on the same ticket. If she is staying at the village or squaw creek they can hop the shuttle over to alpine easily.

As for it being a lesson, I think they just call it that. Kind of in the same way most resorts call a mountain guide a lesson since its booked through the ski school with an instructor. I will tell you that alpine is known for having some of the most bad ass adaptive skiers anywhere!! I saw some dude full on charging in his chair-ski on Tuesday.

Hope this helps

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
https://achievetahoe.org

Do you know if this is who she was in touch with? They are a nonprofit based out of alpine meadows. I know they do their adaptive programs at alpine, squaw, and northstar. If she has only been in touch with someone at squaw valley ski resort she might want to try them directly.

Squalpine is one resort these days with two separate base areas on the same ticket. If she is staying at the village or squaw creek they can hop the shuttle over to alpine easily.

As for it being a lesson, I think they just call it that. Kind of in the same way most resorts call a mountain guide a lesson since its booked through the ski school with an instructor. I will tell you that alpine is known for having some of the most bad ass adaptive skiers anywhere!! I saw some dude full on charging in his chair-ski on Tuesday.

Hope this helps
Thanks. I'll email her this info. Not sure who her husband contacted, so it might have been Squaw directly.