• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2019 Nordica Enforcer 110 Review

https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Our 2019 Nordica Enforcer 110 Review is live on Chairlift Chat! With 100 inches of snow at Stowe Mountain Resort so far this season we've had some great conditions in which to test it. We're almost sold out of the 2018 graphic, so anyone who wants a green and blue Enforcer 110 should jump on the opportunity before they're all gone!

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
How sad that on January 2, 2018 we're talking about 2019 skis already...:nono:

Haha, we thought it was kind of amusing as well. First three sentences of the article:

"Happy New Year! To celebrate the New Year we thought we would jump ahead to the future and review a 2019 ski! We know, we know, that sounds crazy."

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stores in this area that sold out of the 2018-s are stocking "2019"-s, same ski but different graphics. So the review is of a ski you can buy now.

As for year creep...I have my eye on a 2020 Plymouth.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
what is your height and weight. The length recommendations are useless without this information.

Did you read the article? It's in the 4th paragraph, where I start talking about performance... I'm 5'10" and 150 lbs. That information is almost always included in our review articles, unless we feel like it's not relevant for some reason, like a goggle or binding review.

I'm curious why you missed it. Was it hard to find? Did you read that paragraph and skim over it? Always looking to improve!

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I missed it, it is usually started up front, but were it was was appropriate as well. Man, you are pretty small for a 191 ski, good for you (or the E110 is pretty forgiving). the flex in Enforcer Pro was noticeably softer than the Rustler 12 (and that's with two layers of metal in the Enforcer), so looks like Nordica is making some well thought-out powder skis.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
the flex in Enforcer Pro was noticeably softer than the Rustler 12 (and that's with two layers of metal in the Enforcer), so looks like Nordica is making some well thought-out powder skis.

I agree! The 110 is also noticeably softer than the Pro.

Realistically 185 cm is the better length for me, but it's so fun just charging around and feeling invincible on the 191 ;)

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
So, both Pro and 110 have a lot of camber, which is unusual for a powder ski, any comments on that?

I like it. Gives them a better feel when the snow is firm so it realistically could be a daily driver for someone out west. The 110 especially is soft enough that it's easy to flex it out of the cambered shape. In powder I didn't notice them being catchy or too demanding, seems like just the perfect amount of camber. I skied a Volkl Two a lot last year, so am pretty used to the reverse camber, super smeary feel. The Enforcers will still pivot and smear, but carve a little better and blast through crud a little better.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Boy, it has been hard to get any firsthand beta on the Enforcer Pros!

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Do you have any experience on DPS powder skis? I am interested in the comparison, especially on how the shapes work.

That's a tough comparison to make. DPS skis are quite unique in shape and in construction. I guess the Wailer 106 Alchemist would probably compare closest to the Enforcer 110, but in my experience DPS focuses more on maneuverability and is pretty committed to the 5 point sidecut or significant early taper design. The Wailer 106 doesn't have a huge amount of early taper, which sets it apart from the rest of their line, especially for wider models, but even that ski in my opinion feels a little more maneuverable than the E110. Skis with more significant early taper definitely feel different than the E110.

DPS has so many different skis between all the different shapes and different constructions. Is there a particular model you're wondering about?

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Boy, it has been hard to get any firsthand beta on the Enforcer Pros!

Let's see if this works:

I had a blast skiing it, but it's definitely stiffer than the 110. The 191 cm 110 is very manageable for me, the Enforcer Pro asked for more power and skier input.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's see if this works:

I had a blast skiing it, but it's definitely stiffer than the 110. The 191 cm 110 is very manageable for me, the Enforcer Pro asked for more power and skier input.

Thanks! That was a nice trick by the tester. Hot dogging from the 80s!

Looks like less tail rocker than the 110. I'd love to see a side shot of the rocker profile.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Nice recovery and nice skiing! I believe that it is good on groomers (as good as a 110+ ski can be, ahem...) but does the extra stiffness of the Pro affect powder performance, which will be the first thought for anyone who own a quiver?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Bravo!

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Thanks! That was a nice trick by the tester. Hot dogging from the 80s!

Looks like less tail rocker than the 110. I'd love to see a side shot of the rocker profile.

I wish I could say that was intentional. More like I got a little too relaxed, stopped paying attention to how I was weighting, and the ski said "nope, that's not how this works." My first thought was honestly, "whoops, I'm about to catch an edge and knock myself out." Somehow it all worked out. :roflmao:

I'll see if I can get a rocker comparison picture at some point today.

Nice recovery and nice skiing! I believe that it is good on groomers (as good as a 110+ ski can be, ahem...) but does the extra stiffness of the Pro affect powder performance, which will be the first thought for anyone who own a quiver?

It definitely makes it more demanding in powder. It doesn't really like to be skied slowly, where the Enforcer 110 is pretty happy at any speed. I probably just don't really weigh enough to be skiing the Pro as a powder ski in Vermont. It's just a little tiring.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got the Enforcer 110s at the beginning of the season, and skied 6 days on them between Kicking Horse, Lake Louise and Revelstoke. Conditions ranged from no snow in over a week (Lake Louise), to a decent amount of powder (Revelstoke and Kicking Horse). I will confirm that the Enforcer 110s carved shockingly well on groomers that hadn't gotten new snow in awhile for a ski of their width. I am not a huge guy, so they struck a good balance between being stiff enough to carve well and plow through crud, but soft enough to pivot quickly and be fun in powder. They feel great when driven, but don't take as much force as, say, the 2017 Bones to get them to carve edge to edge.

Blister has described them as a slightly damper Soul 7 (not sure if they are referring to the 2017 or 2018 Soul), and I think that's fairly accurate. Although these skis come across as intimidating considering the two sheets of metal and excellent reviews, they're highly versatile. For my own use, they are the wider ski in a two ski quiver.

Sponsor

Staff online