• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Yeah, man I wish they'd stack those discounts...it'd almost be regular price for us Canuks then....

At least you all don't have to deal with a brutal 30% exchange rate! Things get damn pricey in a hurry... :(

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Staying at GMD update :

@Blue Streak (Monday-Fri)
@TheArchitect (Tues-Sat)
@guitar73 (sat-sat)
@tinymoose (sat-sat)
@vanhoskier (sat-sat)
@Pequenita (wed-sun)
various members of the CO crew (Mon-Fri)
@coskigirl (Mon-Fri)
@Tony (tseeb) and Lucia (Tues-Thu)
@bbinder and Marcia (TBD)
@dbostedo (Tues-Sat)
@MattSmith + possible cousin (Tues-Sat)
@Poolskier Vinny + buddy Pilot Dan (Mon-Fri)

I updated the list for my revised dates which I think best covers the Gathering days at Alta. I couldn't see staying at GMD Thursday night when the Gathering event is in downtown SLC. There are much less expensive hotels and motels within walking distance of that event or I could stay with friends between there and LCC. So we'll be staying the night after skiing Alta and checking out the morning of the Alta demo day.

GMD seems very generous with the 12% off although it may be tougher to get during highest season. Last year in April, when my wife and I stayed there after the April Demo Day, they gave us a bigger discount (probably the 12%) than from MCP as returning guests even though we were not. We asked for and got late checkout when Alta reported 21" new, then in early afternoon we decided to stay another night after checking that my wife could move her flight back without cost and that GMD could accommodate us. This year they gave us the 12% for returning guests. It would be really nice to be able to stack the MCP and group discount on top of that.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Also just booked a couple of rooms at the Atomic Chalet B&B in Huntsville for the Snowbasin days... anyone know it? Anyone staying there by any chance?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Also just booked a couple of rooms at the Atomic Chalet B&B in Huntsville for the Snowbasin days... anyone know it? Anyone staying there by any chance?
Links to it?
Can't go wrong staying in Huntsville, really.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Has anyone stayed at In Town Suites (7200 near the Days Inn, La Quinta, Denny's) and have an opinion?
Seem remarkably inexpensive, which raises a red flag to my cynical mind.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone stayed at In Town Suites (7200 near the Days Inn, La Quinta, Denny's) and have an opinion?
Seem remarkably inexpensive, which raises a red flag to my cynical mind.
I've heard rumblings about this place relative to drug activity so seeing your question I looked it up on Google. This from one of the reviews:

"Where we are from, this place would be condemned, shut down, and half the staff arrested."

On the other hand....good location.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
OOOOOKay! Thanks much, Lorenzzo, crossing that off the potentials list.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Michel & I just booked this place. If you sign up for their email thing the rate is about $100 a night all in. Full Breakfast and light dinner included with the UTA ski bus stop right in front. Location is near the freeway and Fort Union Blvd/7200 south.

http://www.crystalinnmidvalley.com

Noticed Uncle Louie already linked to it in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Thanks Jgid, know it well!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Michel & I just booked this place. If you sign up for their email thing the rate is about $100 a night all in. Full Breakfast and light dinner included with the UTA ski bus stop right in front. Location is near the freeway and Fort Union Blvd/7200 south.

http://www.crystalinnmidvalley.com

Noticed Uncle Louie already linked to it in the first post of this thread.
Are you booked at that place for the entire duration of your stay in UT for the gathering?
Any others booking there?
How long is the UTC buss ride to and from Alta/Snowbird?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
About 45 minutes from Crystal Inn if snow/traffic isn't bad.

Sponsor