• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have to say, I'm already impressed with GMD. I had originally left a voicemail yesterday saying I wanted to book a dorm room then thought about it more and decided to go with the private room so I booked online with the plan to request the MC discount later. By 10:30 this morning they called, knew I'd gone ahead and booked the room and confirmed that I still wanted that but also offered to move me to a dorm, and applied the discount. When I mentioned there was a group of us coming she inquired about names of those already booked and saw the couple that I mentioned. Within seconds I had the new confirmation with the discount applied. If all of their service is as friendly and efficient it will be an awesome experience. Yes, I also mentioned Pugski.
Yeah, Liz is the bomb.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Yeah, I got that as well. Made my reservation and will stay at GMD, unless we end up traveling with a dog.

You keep leaving Marcia and out. Was it something I said?

You usually need to put yourself in. This is a self-service Gathering as they usually are. But since you asked so nicely, I added you and both of our spouses, but only you know which dates you will be there. And visitors are not allowed to bring dogs to LCC. See http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16458241/...ah-towns-dog-license-limit-can-be-really-ruff and http://townofalta.com/faq/dogs-in-alta/

@Blue Streak (Monday-Fri)
@TheArchitect (Tues-Sat)
@guitar73 (sat-sat)
@tinymoose (sat-sat)
@vanhoskier (sat-sat)
@Pequenita (wed-sun)
various members of the CO crew (Mon-Fri)
@coskigirl (Mon-Fri)
@Tony (tseeb) and Lucia (Wed-Fri)
@bbinder and Marcia (TBD)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm most likely in for the gathering. I'll be driving from the Cincy area. I might be looking to get in with some folks on a condo etc. If not I'll probably do an Airbnb. Let me know if any spaces open up. Thanks

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Ok, a little counter cheerleading for Team Valley

There are a couple of group house rentals already set up in that area.

Was eyeing this very week for a trip to somewhere in the Rockies, Utah among them. I haven't scoured this entire thread (sorry) -- what is the story on the group houses?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the ones that I know of are full already. VRBO or airbnb searches for the valley between the entrances to Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons turn up several likely candidates. (The area identified by Uncle Louie upthread.) WIth this many people signed up there ought to be plenty to form more houses.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone looking to share lodging for March 5-9 LMK.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
LMK?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:doh: thanks!
I could be interested, though I'd want to stay thru Saturday night.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone looking to share lodging for March 5-9 LMK.
I might be interested. I'm driving from the Cincinnati area and tentatively plan on arriving on Friday 3/2. I might do an Airbnb in Ogden for a few days and then find something in Sandy, if I'm doing lodging on my own. I stayed at a place off of the Little Cottonwood Canyon road last year. Let me know if you want to put something together.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Crank, PM sent

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Staying at GMD update :

@Blue Streak (Monday-Fri)
@TheArchitect (Tues-Sat)
@guitar73 (sat-sat)
@tinymoose (sat-sat)
@vanhoskier (sat-sat)
@Pequenita (wed-sun)
various members of the CO crew (Mon-Fri)
@coskigirl (Mon-Fri)
@Tony (tseeb) and Lucia (Wed-Fri)
@bbinder and Marcia (TBD)
@dbostedo (Tues-Sat)
@MattSmith + possible cousin (Tues-Sat)
@Poolskier Vinny + buddy Pilot Dan (Mon-Fri)

Updated the list as we just booked in.

FYI: Gold Miners Daughter is offering a 12% discount off their rates for Pugskiers"! I casually mentioned that I was staying there to attend the Pugski Utah gathering and they immediately offered to apply a 12% "group discount" - as long as we had at least 15 people who identified as attending the Pugski gathering we'd all qualify for the discounted rate. (Nicole was the very helpful person whom I spoke with) So if you've made reservations already....or for any new ones please contact them and mention Pugski...

Recently joined up and thought attending a gathering would be a great way to "dive into the Pugski culture"! Looking forward meeting you all!