• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Drat. How was it today? We were awake most of the night last night (Lilac Fire) and slept most of today. We’ll take some laps tomorrow.
Pat, I was unable to try the double deathstrip yesterday, but friends said it was really good early. Just be very aware out there today!

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently 11:00 ish is the magic hour! We skied all morning - nobody was there. We left when it started to congest. The coverage was good, but the snow felt more granular than usual. They said they are trying a new formula that won’t get slushy as quickly. I took these shots around 10:00.
00AF7F33-F3A3-494E-A7CE-0956B2725111.jpeg
Looking up Miracle Mile
5F572FFB-A3CD-4DCD-B223-8D144A626455.jpeg
Looking down
1BFBBCCF-E58D-4864-90AD-3FE0547B5FA7.jpeg
The maze

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t know what it is. I will ask more questions as the season progresses. My first impression is that it wasn’t as nice to ski on. Then again, my impressions may be skewed. Generally, I start the season on man made and progress to natural snow. This season I started at Mammoth on natural and progressed to nan made.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was going to be there but had to just send the family instead.
upload_2017-12-16_8-32-37.png

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
@ SS, chair 7 opened yesterday as did Ego Trip on #3 and both were good. They will now concentrate on getting Log Chute and Westridge open to the bottom. Surfaces are excellent even though it's all man made, optimal snowmaking conditions have made it some of the driest I've ever skied on. I'm not sure if Bear has any more runs open yet, I shall check it out today.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@ SS, chair 7 opened yesterday as did Ego Trip on #3 and both were good. They will now concentrate on getting Log Chute and Westridge open to the bottom. Surfaces are excellent even though it's all man made, optimal snowmaking conditions have made it some of the driest I've ever skied on. I'm not sure if Bear has any more runs open yet, I shall check it out today.
If there is something that BBMR is great at, it’s snowmaking!

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Fun day at SS under typical sunny skies. It must have been quite cold overnight as the surface was really hard at first. Midday it softened nicely.

They blew snow till about 10, going like gangbusters to get more terrain open. The park area was getting busy with westridge not yet open.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Good to see you @river-z, wish I had more time today before the throngs arrive tomorrow. Log Chute is nearly ready.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Spring skiing in mid January , inversion layer 30's @parking lot , mid 40's on hill at night, no snowmaking for a few.
Still fun, no crowds.upper 50's daytime . Bring yer bikini.......

Edit: summit

Last edited:

Sponsor