• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Rose is still skiing quite well. Reflection on the Slide side on the windows of Winters Creek Lodge.
20171213_101102.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the runs in the reflection open? They look fun!
All the runs in the reflection are open. It's hard to tell because there is hardly anyone there!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Are the runs in the reflection open? They look fun!

That's the slide side of Mt Rose, it's all open. The main lodge side is also mostly open. The chutes betweem are closed. I don't think they opened this year, yet. A storm about now would be a great refresh, but nothing is happening for at least a few days ...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Squallywood this Thursday.

Day 2.0; Leg 2.0.

Old man and the wifey are going as well; leaving after we drop the kids off at school. Should be up top by 10am. Be there or be square!

I should be up there by 10am. I'll keep an eye out for you.
White pants, orange shell.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Had some really good skiing the past few days. Most of the slopes are holding up well, but we definitely need some cooperation from Mother Nature to freshen things up a bit.
I will say, the resorts are doing a good job of farming snow and keeping it skiable.
Now, that being said,
@Jasmine reported a dusting at Northstar this morning
Mt Rose reported 1 inch up there over night, just enough to hide the rocks :D
There is a promise that this nasty ridge is breaking down which should allow some of that promised LaNiña system to help us out.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Got a dusting of snow at lake level on the south shore. Maybe a bit more up high. Didn't know there was any precip coming but I've given up on following weather so there's that.

Backside opens today. Getting to/from might be a little thin.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Got a dusting of snow at lake level on the south shore. Maybe a bit more up high. Didn't know there was any precip coming but I've given up on following weather so there's that.

Backside opens today. Getting to/from might be a little thin.
You do know what's going to happen if we get skunked this year, don't you?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Screenshot_2017-12-16-10-12-04.png Screenshot_2017-12-16-10-12-04.png
It's finally cold enough at Rose to make snow. And every gun is running.

Last edited:

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Wind has gusted to 95 this AM at Alpine. I'm at Kirkwood where they did groom Cornice, but wind will keep it, 10 and Backside closed. Besides beginner lifts, they have 7 which is too flat, 5 which stops too much and 11 which is running slow and has N wind stripping runs. Will go out some more before quitting early and going to reggae event at Heavenly's CA base.

Edited to add 11 now closed so line on 5 has gotten very long.

Last edited:

Tony

tseeb
Skier
We ended up re-routing to Stagecoach base at Heavenly as my son's friend was skiing from there. We arrived at 2 and by waiting about a minute we got 2nd parking place from lift. Thermometer at top of lift said 12 and we saw others that were closer to 10. Wind was not as strong as at Kirkwood and they were running Dipper, Comet and Olympic (1st day this year for Olympic). We rode 7 lifts at Heavenly and took a short break at East Peak Lodge before quitting at 4. Wind still strong in SLT. Large unedited pictures are my son's friend jumping a log on side of Jacks and the 7200' Boulder base where he parked as Stagecoach lot filled before 930.

Attachments

• IMG_5094.JPG
    IMG_5094.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 16

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Man. Things were Vermonty today. I did the only runs open off the only open lifts at Squaw, worked until 1:30 when a friend arrived, went down Mountain Run with her, and worked some more. Mountain Run was a strange vacillation between skating to move into the headwind and having patrol (trainees?) waving at me to slow down.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Early season conditions (WROD skiing) are back at Squaw. Red Dog and Squaw Creek were pretty much the only option today besides mountain run. Best snow was on the Red Dog face, which allowed for fast Far East laps, but even those got boring quite quickly.... we need more snow....

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Man. Things were Vermonty today. I did the only runs open off the only open lifts at Squaw, worked until 1:30 when a friend arrived, went down Mountain Run with her, and worked some more. Mountain Run was a strange vacillation between skating to move into the headwind and having patrol (trainees?) waving at me to slow down.
Idk Vermont is looking pretty damn nice all week. I know alot of people back east that are getting some fluffy days and Im happy to see the homeland doing so well early on.

I would like the trough back now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online