• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Im gonna be honest and say Kirkwood is skiing pretty firm at the moment. There's still some smooth stuff but the hardback is coming in quickly. Then again I my edges are awful right now. I took them to my 3 sided knife stone at work so here's to hoping for better carving tomorrow
The handful of times I've been to Kirkwood it's been either firm or white-out conditions.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Im gonna be honest and say Kirkwood is skiing pretty firm at the moment. There's still some smooth stuff but the hardback is coming in quickly. Then again I my edges are awful right now. I took them to my 3 sided knife stone at work so here's to hoping for better carving tomorrow

Have Tony's helmet, goggles, and socks so he won't be doing any more skiing with you until he comes up with a ransom. ogwink

NWS long range is just now hinting at a possible Christmas present. Otherwise it will just be a lump of coal... er slab of ice.

see you in the woods,
SSSdave

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
View attachment 35030 View attachment 35031
N* Sat/Sun. Picts are "Pinball" off Vista, best snow on the mtn. Big crowds on Comstock with only Luggi's groomed, so a zoo. All East/West Ridge runs are open, but un-groomed, so hardly anyone skiing them, but good snow. One run, terrible snow off Zephyr. 10/20 person lift line on Vista all day; 100/300 on Comstock.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
N* Sat/Sun. Picts are "Pinball" off Vista, best snow on the mtn. Big crowds on Comstock with only Luggi's groomed, so a zoo. All East/West Ridge runs are open, but un-groomed, so hardly anyone skiing them, but good snow. One run, terrible snow off Zephyr. 10/20 person lift line on Vista all day; 100/300 on Comstock. image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I have a terrible time posting images; witness the above. Can someone tell me a simple way to do it?

I wish I could. I can't do it consistently. Permission issues are my most common problem. Sometimes things showing as attachments instead of embedded.

Anyways, this is what mostly works: I normally choose "Upload a File", search for images on my phone, and then I select to include the full image for all. Then, I edit the post on my desktop if at home. Or wing it on the phone.

Do you want me to delete the first of the duplicate posts? (the failed one). Or rather leave it for "forensics"?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pictures and crowd comment were for/taken on Sat/Sun not weekday.
I was at Northstar last Friday, and there was a (short) line on Comstock. What made the line worse were certain snow sports enthusiasts who don't observe lift line etiquette. Why cut everybody in line off, and then stop at the front of the line to wait for your buddies (so everybody you just cut off has to go around you)?
On a more positive note, I just got a text from a coworker who is skiing at N* today, and she says the snow is good.

TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Squallywood this Thursday.

Day 2.0; Leg 2.0.

Old man and the wifey are going as well; leaving after we drop the kids off at school. Should be up top by 10am. Be there or be square!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Squallywood this Thursday.

Day 2.0; Leg 2.0.

Old man and the wifey are going as well; leaving after we drop the kids off at school. Should be up top by 10am. Be there or be square!

I will be square, I don't think I can make it by 10:00, I have a boot fitting appointment at 9:00

Status
Not open for further replies.