• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cypress and Grouse (Vancouver) open today.
but I imagine it will be limited to manicured groomers and helped by man made.
still a couple of dumps away from the real season

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied Lookout today (Fri) and it wasn't very good. Lots of dirt around Lodge and trying to access lift 1. Lots of roller rocks in the lift lines that were unavoidable. Runs were groomed but very irregular and with the flat light it was interesting "variable" conditions. Basically for my lst day of season I got to make some turns.

Worth the 1 1/2 hr drive (one way) not worth it. Let it snow.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Looks like we'll all be sliding in a few days on the west side with all of that snow coming in next week. Got to get the snow tires on the car.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
it is that time,
snows on the tacoma today, subaru tomorrow. Sports car in storage ,sails down.
optimistic but not excited. November is always the worst month in the PNW.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
49° North opened this weekend. Much to my shame I did not go. :(

Mount Spokane is talking about next Saturday.

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Crystal picked up 3" just since this morning and the forecast is holding up (not sure if anyone else hears the trumpets or if they're just in my head),

upload_2017-11-13_9-25-10.png
upload_2017-11-13_9-25-15.png

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Baker says they have 50" at Heather Meadows and 65" on top of Pan Dome with another 8 - 14" on the way before opening tomorrow. Just about perfect.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Bachelor opens Saturday with clear skies and Monday another storm. Lets see some pics.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whistler opens this Friday 17th.
early season ops. Red, Emerald, Franz Chair, Village and Creekside gondolas to run.
currently reporting a 198 cm base, with over 80cm in last 48hr,
downloading would be wise and be careful off piste there are plenty of 197 cm rocks out there.

TS
John O

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Crystal had a limited opening today with just the lower mountain. Anyone make it up there?

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Crystal had a limited opening today with just the lower mountain. Anyone make it up there?

I didn't. This storm was mildly disappointing and not worth taking a vacation day, IMO. I'm just waiting until Saturday to take the family.

The forecast looks like a significant warm-up starts Sunday :nono:
Although if it leads to some consolidation and then we get another December like last season I'll happily take that trade-off.

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
With whats in forecast i think i'll delay my season start until Monday.
But I hope I am wrong and weather turns out to be at least good enough to look for those missing snowboarders at Baker

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whistler

forecast changed last night so did opening day after all.

Wind was light even some sun, mid hill snow coverage is pretty decent the actual skiing was fine and its only mid Nov.
However was the usual big line for opening day and only Emerald, Franz and Red running to spread out crowd once up.

I knew it was going to be a short day but had almost forgotten why I usually avoid it.

fair bit of snow down to valley but I think needs a good foot more before you can avoid the download.
both hills will be running within the week.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I was at opening day at Baker. There was plenty of snow (50+ inches of base) but the visibility was flat and there are lots of terrain features that are not there when the base is over 100", which is most of the time, so I found it difficult to figure out where the dips and drops were since they were in unusual places. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied Crystal Mountain today it was mighty fine. This was the first day they have had the upper mountain open. The coverage was pretty darn good and the snow quality was excellent. Our first three runs we're in Green Valley and it was powder skiing at its best. The powder pigs were out so the untracted didn't last long, but the skied up and packed powder we're lots of fun. It snowed a bit but cleared as the day went with some sun breaks midday onwards. Visibility was generally pretty good. They had Chinook Express, Rainier Express, Forest Queen Express, Green Valley Express and the beginners lift open. A really fun day.